Brewer Fanatic

Now a 3 game series ... lineup positives and negatives.

liveforoctober
Rickie Weeks looks a lot better this series than he did in the first one. He's slowly coming back to his old self. His outs are hit hard. You don't sit Rickie Weeks right now.

Yeah, I'm getting tired of daily posts that Rickie has been worthless this series. As I felt obligated to post twice yesterday, Rickie was bad in the NLDS, but he's been his good old normal self in the NLCS. If you don't see that then you must not be watching the games or studying the box scores. He has 4 hits in 15 ab's, 2 runs scored, 2 rbi's, a homer and a double. .846 OPS. And I agree with chadomac he was hitting the ball hard last night.This is about what you can expect from Weeks in a typical 4 games series.

Even with the injury and his recent production that's been generally less than usual, I think you have to go with the large sample and continue to hit Rickie 5th. I can't see an alternative that would improve the top 5 spots in the order. It's not like we have a second Jerry Hairston waiting around.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

With how hot yuni has been, I've thought about moving him to the 5 spot, but I'm not sure if I could stomach that. Heck, I've thought about moving him to the 2 spot to get some people on ahead of Braun and Fielder, but there is the whole 2 spot needs to be patient stuff.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Archived