Brewer Fanatic

2011-10-13 Brewers (Wolf) at Cardinals (Lohse) - 7:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 4-2; NLCS Tied 2-2]

Bombers
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i honestly think prince thinks he has to swing at balls because there's not much chance anyone is going to produce runs behind him. at least that's what i thought his facial impression after the strikeout said. sorta like he was trying to say "i wish i didn't have to be swinging at that... sigh"

Not much chance? You think he would rather have a strikeout than a single or walk? Besides, Hariston and Yuni have been doing well this posteason....

And horray for the first 1-2-3 first inning this postseason for the Brewers!

jjfanec,

yeah you're absolutely right, but when the guy "protecting" you is batting .138 in the postseason i think i'd be tempted to force it, so maybe that's what prince is doing.

topper09er,

yeah that makes sense too. i guess that was just sorta my take. i mean, for one he sees the reaction by morgan and kotsay to the ump's strike zone and he sees ball 1 called strike 1. then he's gotta be thinking rickie is struggling we need some runs.... i gotta make some happen. or maybe you're right on the money and he just lost his plate discipline and that look was sort of a tip of the hat to lohse.

Nice inning for Wolfie there.

Good locations. Going inside and outside.

Getting the first pitch over for a strike.

Staying down in the zone.

Moved Pujols off the plate with that 2nd pitch. Made him dance a little bit.

Great start.

Let's get him some runs boys.

Archived