Brewer Fanatic

2011-10-13 Brewers (Wolf) at Cardinals (Lohse) - 7:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 4-2; NLCS Tied 2-2]

Bombers
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This team has proven this year that for whatever reason they cannot win on the road. Until they prove otherwise, I have no confidence in them getting a big W at Busch.

They finished 39-42 on the road, including being 4-5 at Busch. I know you're not confident, but what you said is not true.

Uh, I disagree. Every other playoff team finished the regular season at least 5 games over .500 on the road; most were close to 10 games over.

You disagree? Those numbers are fact. No one gets to disagree with facts.

Have you checked each playoff team's regular season game results to see if they played as well on the road as the Brewers did in the second half? I'm assuming you'd lend more weight to the more recent play on the road than the first half of the season. I'm willing to bet the Brewers were about as good as any contender on the road in the second half.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Again Kotsay is so bad in the field the White Sox made him a DH and let Konerko play 1B. The fact Roenicke thinks he can play RF well is just more proof he can't evaluate players.
That must make LaRussa an even worse manager at evaluating players since he has Holliday and Berkman in the OF nearly every day. I could find about 20+ managers that do the same as Roenicke. Kotsay in RF for one game is not going to kill the Brewers all that much especially with the play that Hart didn't make last night it didn't even matter. Kotsay is about as good as Holliday or Berkman are in the OF and the Cardinals have done fine so far this year with those two in the corners.

We can moan about the lineup all we want, but it is going to come down to whether Wolf has a good game or not. I think having Gomez in there would help him a little bit and I know that there will be 2-3 balls that Kotsay/Plush won't get to that Gomez/Plush would, but if Wolf gets hit hard it won't matter at all. We'll know within 10 minutes after the bottom half of the 1st starts whether we're in for a good Wolf or bad.
Formerly Andersoc420

Hart has hit RHP better than Kotsay has over the last 4 years. Not just a little bit better either. If Kotsay was a plus or even average defender I might be able to accept him playing over Hart but this is not the case either. I am with Russ on this one and am going to assume Hart is to sick to play. If he isn't, DPR has struck again.

Close games like last night is where the manager's decisions can make or break you. Last night it broke us. That type of game is exactly why I was not looking forward to the manager in the post season.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Again Kotsay is so bad in the field the White Sox made him a DH and let Konerko play 1B. The fact Roenicke thinks he can play RF well is just more proof he can't evaluate players.
Something I actually thought about today: Should the manager be just about the last person to trust when evaluating an outfielder? They can hardly even watch an outfielder throughout the season. I mean, the dugout has to be one of the worst possible spots to evaluate outfield defense.

Anyone see Roenicke's latest comments on Kotsay last night? UNBELIEVABLE.

http://www.jsonline.mobi/...?ua=android&dc=smart&c=y

Aside from not even considering Gomez in CF last night, I didn't think his explanation was unreasonable as far as Kotsay for Hart tonight is concerned.

Neither did I...that's why I said his comments about Kotsay last night

Archived