Brewer Fanatic

2011-10-13 Brewers (Wolf) at Cardinals (Lohse) - 7:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 4-2; NLCS Tied 2-2]

Bombers
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was curious if TLR would have let Rhodes hit there if Jay got on.. makes sense according to Roenicke.. oh well maybe we will get to see Rhodes pitch to this 4 straight LH.. I have never been so upset about a 2 run lead in my life..

Ron's not looking like an idiot after that inning. Dominant after the lead-off double. I'll take Wolf in there keeping scoreless innings (avoiding big innings) in trade for another run. I think the Brewers can score more, and I think Wolf can go another. He looks good.

The only way Wolf goes out for the 7th is if we score a couple runs; obviously that wouldn't be such a bad thing.

Keep tacking on runs here; can never have enough with the pop the Cards have.

RR definitely mismanaged the 6th; should have gone with Luc but got lucky, was OK with Wolf hitting, not OK with him bunting, and would have rather seen Gomez PH. Its in the past now; just win the game

I would've hit Gomez in Morgan's spot last time the Crew were up. You at least force them to burn through a lefty or you get Gomez vs. a lefty. You need Gomez in CF late in the game anyway... and I don't think Holliday would've tagged up just now and ran to third if Gomez made that catch and throw.

I would've hit Gomez in Morgan's spot last time the Crew were up. You at least force them to burn through a lefty or you get Gomez vs. a lefty. You need Gomez in CF late in the game anyway... and I don't think Holliday would've tagged up just now and ran to third if Gomez made that catch and throw.

This is the move I disagreed with as well

The only way Wolf goes out for the 7th is if we score a couple runs; obviously that wouldn't be such a bad thing.

Keep tacking on runs here; can never have enough with the pop the Cards have.

RR definitely mismanaged the 6th; should have gone with Luc but got lucky, was OK with Wolf hitting, not OK with him bunting, and would have rather seen Gomez PH. Its in the past now; just win the game

Only way? RR is still the manager.

Ron's not looking like an idiot after that inning. Dominant after the lead-off double. I'll take Wolf in there keeping scoreless innings (avoiding big innings) in trade for another run. I think the Brewers can score more, and I think Wolf can go another. He looks good.
I don't know whether I am more stunned that Roenicke did what he did or that people seem to agre with it.. it isn't about Wolf as much as adding at least 1 or 2 or 3 runs...

At this point why would you take Wolf over Hawkins / Saito.. at best you could say it is even which then says take the better hitters..

Archived