Brewer Fanatic

2011-10-13 Brewers (Wolf) at Cardinals (Lohse) - 7:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 4-2; NLCS Tied 2-2]

Bombers
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Should have hit for Wolf there..
I think that only would have made sense if they hit for Kottaras.

I agree that not hitting for Kottaras was dumb regardless of the result which should have been an out anyway.. but then you have a chance to get another extra run and force the Lefty out of the game and you choose not to.. thank goodness the brewer fan in me is bigger than the logic fan so I can enjoy the run.

I guess I am the only one who wanted Wolf to stay in...I am probably wrong
I'm fine with it, too. As I said before, I know the 6th inning is where things can often start to get dicey, but Wolf has been pitching well and we have a 2 run lead now. If we were tied or behind, then I would've liked to have seen some moves in that inning. I have a feeling Wolf gets pulled at the first sign of trouble, since there was activity in the bullpen.

Also, there's still another game tomorrow, so I wouldn't mind being able to save a reliever, though that's not a priority.

If Wolf doesn't pitch through the 8th and hold this lead, we just got Roenicke'd again.

And his management of the Wolf and his personal catcher situation aside, why not pinch hit the better fielder and much better hitter against a lefty in Gomez

Archived