Brewer Fanatic

2011-10-13 Brewers (Wolf) at Cardinals (Lohse) - 7:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 4-2; NLCS Tied 2-2]

Bombers
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No one mentioning all world defensive catcher Molina was terrible at blocking the plate
I'd have to go back and look, but I'm thinking that the kind of slide Hairston made is hard to block. I mean, Clutch Yadi was blocking the plate well enough that Hairston felt he had to go around him, I guess.

No one mentioning all world defensive catcher Molina was terrible at blocking the plate
I'd have to go back and look, but I'm thinking that the kind of slide Hairston made is hard to block. I mean, Clutch Yadi was blocking the plate well enough that Hairston felt he had to go around him, I guess.
He left the entire back of the plate open. He was really far forward. Almost like he really didn't expect a play since it was stupid to send Hairston on that ball.

I hate complaining but this zone is not the same for both pitchers. Maybe it has to do with Wolf being a lefty and the delivery being different

Right after Kotsay's AB in the top of the 1st, I was cursing that we didn't have a RHP on the mound (not anyone's fault, of course, just happenstance), because I knew the zone wouldn't be the same. It just sucks.

I hate complaining but this zone is not the same for both pitchers. Maybe it has to do with Wolf being a lefty and the delivery being different

Right after Kotsay's AB in the top of the 1st, I was cursing that we didn't have a RHP on the mound (not anyone's fault, of course, just happenstance), because I knew the zone wouldn't be the same. It just sucks.

It is why it is hard for me to get really angry because the way the ball comes in is completely different so it is hard to be consistent for the ump. Now that said he is still doing a poor job

Archived