Brewer Fanatic

2011-10-13 Brewers (Wolf) at Cardinals (Lohse) - 7:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 4-2; NLCS Tied 2-2]

Bombers
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is a terrible time for the offense to go into a slump after the pitching has picked up. Why can't they ever pick up at the same time?

Because outside of Braun and Prince the offense has been in a slump all year. I can't remember even a small stretch where I was thinking man these Brewer's can mash.

Corey Hart was 17th in the NL in OPS, Weeks was an all-star, so you may have been speaking in hyperbole but it was flat out wrong. Weeks injury really set him back.

This is a terrible time for the offense to go into a slump after the pitching has picked up. Why can't they ever pick up at the same time?

Because outside of Braun and Prince the offense has been in a slump all year. I can't remember even a small stretch where I was thinking man these Brewer's can mash.

Kind of. The Brewers finished 8th in mlb in batting average. Take away any team's 3-4 hitters it's probably remains in the middle of the pack. While they were never over-powering, they were around average. Definitely a slump from what their average was earlier in the year.

Corey Hart was 17th in the NL in OPS, Weeks was an all-star, so you may have been speaking in hyperbole but it was flat out wrong. Weeks injury really set him back.
Not all year, post all-star break. On second thought it was mainly the Yuni/Casey blackhole that we all suffered through that makes those thoughts of zero offense come to the front of my mind.

Archived