Brewer Fanatic

2011-10-12 Brewers (Gallardo) at Cardinals (Carpenter) - [Brewers lose, 4-3; trail NLCS, 2-1]

pretendastronaut
I think you're on it dlk9s. RR is just saying that you can't predict when it's going to start raining again on nights like this, so you don't know when the best time would be to plug in your starter.

I wonder if not having Westbrook on the roster will bite the Cardinals.....not that he's that great anyway.

That's why you start Wolf or Narveson. The Cardinals have McClellan in the pen.

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think he's just saying that if they don't know for sure that the game will be delayed after, say, two innings, that they couldn't start someone else because it could backfire if the game never ends up getting delayed/isn't delayed for long.

I'm sure he and the coaches have been discussing it.

So then Yo pitches starting the 3rd. Might even get to pinch hit for whomever starts. I don't really see the issue.

It looks like the rain should hold off until around the 5th or 6th inning depending on how fast the game moves along. If the game goes into the rain delay tied, I think we'll have the advantage if the game is finished tonight. This could turn out to be a blessing in disguise if Carpenter starts out filthy.

I'm not surprised in the least at Kotsay in CF. RR is trying to get Kotsay jump-started since he has been short on at-bats recently. He's done it all year because he believes we need Kotsay to be successful. Not saying it's right, but RR has been pretty transparent in his thinking about Kotsay.

I used the day off to clear the negative mojo from the circus that was Monday's game and am ready to root, root, root for the Brewers. It will be an uphill battle, but we're back to essentially a 5 game series. Get it done.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Archived