Brewer Fanatic

2011-10-12 Brewers (Gallardo) at Cardinals (Carpenter) - [Brewers lose, 4-3; trail NLCS, 2-1]

pretendastronaut
  • Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This game was lost because our "ace" (we don't have one) gave up four runs in the first inning. Not because of the guy who doesn't take the field.

Four runs most likely don't score if that guy who doesn't take the field doesn't have a guy in CF who also shouldn't be taking the field.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Another game where we didn't take advantage of some early chances and it hurt.

Wolf needs to keep us in the game tomorrow; we can certainly hit Lohse

We had some early chances, but the Cards also had some chances to put the game away and they couldn't. Basically, the Brewers just got out-managed today. Play your hunches in June, not October.

This game was lost because our "ace" (we don't have one) gave up four runs in the first inning. Not because of the guy who doesn't take the field.

the guy that doesn't take the field put a player on the field that can't play defense.

I have a feeling we're going to win the next two. Then again, the last time we were up 3-2 on St. Louis, we know the result.
Wish I could say that. The way these games have started and the way Wolf pitched in AZ make me feel like they have little to no chance.

I get the frustration with Kotsay. I do.

But Braun and Fielder did not come through tonight, and when they don't drive in runs, this team has a real hard time winning ball games. I think they'll be ready tomorrow, and, to be honest, I like the Crew's chances in Game 5.

the guy that doesn't take the field put a player on the field that can't play defense.

Put Morgan or Gomez in CF instead of an aging awful defender and that same ace pitches a shutout or gives up 1 run.

How anyone could possibly defend Roenicke right now is beyond me. If he starts Kottaras in CF, Prince at shortstop, and Betancourt at catcher, is it not his fault because he doesn't take the field?

We can talk all we want about Kotsay starting and that his baserunning error sucked and Gomez or even Morgan probably prevent at least a couple runs in the first, but the real problem I'm seeing is that Hart and Weeks started the off-season 2 weeks ago. We need more than 2-3 guys hitting the ball. Braun, Fielder, Hairston, and even to an extent Betancourt his last couple games have been good, but that's about it at this point. Unless we get some more guy contributing it doesn't matter about our defense or even how good our pitching is, gotta score some more runs.

I put that loss completely on Ron Roenicke. If you have a hunch that Kotsay is gonna hit well then you sit Hart and put Kotsay in RF, but his horrible defense in CF cost us at least 2 outs in the 1st inning, at least 2 to 4 runs and was the difference. Abysmal managing by Roenicke tonight

Our ace gave up four because of our managers decision to start Kotsay in CF. If he didn't want to start Morgan he has to go with Gomez. Gomez gets to that Jay single with ease. I honestly think GoGo could have tracked down that Pujols double as well. It was in the air a long time. Kotsay only ended up about 10 feet from it, and I can almost guarantee GoGo could have made up that distance with his speed.

I get the Kotsay start, but he can't be put in CF especially in a game were every run matters. He should have been in right for Hart, and JHJ could have lead-off. RR is completely clueless.

The no hits from the 5th inning on is also hurts, but it wouldn't have mattered with a 4-2 lead now would it?

Archived