Brewer Fanatic

2011-10-12 Brewers (Gallardo) at Cardinals (Carpenter) - [Brewers lose, 4-3; trail NLCS, 2-1]

pretendastronaut
Kotsay never should have tagged up, he took the bat completely out of Fielders hands
When you have a chance to get a runner in scoring position, you take it even if it means Fielder gets walked. You just need someone besides Braun and Fielder to come through.

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are probably rolling with a two run lead if Kotsay would have caught that ball in the 1st.
If the final is 4-3, it's going to be a tough one to swallow. I trust that our offense will not allow that to happen.
Neither will theirs.

Kotsay never should have tagged up, he took the bat completely out of Fielders hands

That may be with respect to Prince, but I have to think he still had better odds of scoring by taking the base than by staying at first. He's not fast, so unless Prince homers he's not scoring. Somebody other than the usual guys has to produce eventually.

We are probably rolling with a two run lead if Kotsay would have caught that ball in the 1st.
It's impossible to know what would have happened, but they only scored 1 run after that with 2 outs.
I agree, but they get that out and Furcal is still on first with one gone. Kotsay's feeble attempt allowed him to score from first on a sure out. Furcal would have been on third after the Pujols double. Who knows after that. All hypathetical, but they could have possibly been held scoreless. I think that got in Yos head and the crowd got going.

Archived