Brewer Fanatic

2011-10-12 Brewers (Gallardo) at Cardinals (Carpenter) - [Brewers lose, 4-3; trail NLCS, 2-1]

pretendastronaut
Prince has to get his head in the game. He's doing too much thinking about his mega contract proposal from Epstein.

Good. Let him go play a ton of day games and then have the fans and media of chicago turn on him as quickly as they do. Then, when he comes here he can get booed by 40,000 people that watched him come up, cheered him, and loved him as a team mate. I can't help it if he leaves but if he comes back in another uniform, I certainly don't have to give him a big sloppy kiss and welcome him back.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If nothing else, this game to this point has taught me to calm the heck down. I'm a smarter baseball fan than to be so reactionary. Most of us are. It's tough not to get hyped up sometimes, and since being in the NLCS is new to me I'm going to learn a bit about patience in these games.
The results on the field in anygame do not matter in terms of whether or not a managerial decision was a good one. The fact is playing Kotsay in center field will more often than not be worse for the team than our other 2 options.

That is the issue most people have.

If nothing else, this game to this point has taught me to calm the heck down. I'm a smarter baseball fan than to be so reactionary. Most of us are. It's tough not to get hyped up sometimes, and since being in the NLCS is new to me I'm going to learn a bit about patience in these games.

We are reactionary because we know this is short series and every play is magnified. Difficult to be positive when you get down 4-0 with your ace on the mound knowing that we are throwing a lefty who got lit up his last game, followed by a pitcher in game 5 that has a social anxiety disorder and may not react well to needing to win a game down 3-1,

Prince has to get his head in the game. He's doing too much thinking about his mega contract proposal from Epstein.

Good. Let him go play a ton of day games and then have the fans and media of chicago turn on him as quickly as they do. Then, when he comes here he can get booed by 40,000 people that watched him come up, cheered him, and loved him as a team mate. I can't help it if he leaves but if he comes back in another uniform, I certainly don't have to give him a big sloppy kiss and welcome him back.

He deserves one standing ovation the first time he comes up to bat (regardless of the team he plays for) and then after that, have at em.

Well, in defense of freaking out, Yo didn't look good in the first despite the fact that he had absolutely no help at all. Still, 4-run leads aren't very big, and both these teams can erase them pretty easily.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

The results on the field in anygame do not matter in terms of whether or not a managerial decision was a good one. The fact is playing Kotsay in center field will more often than not be worse for the team than our other 2 options.

That is the issue most people have.

I dig it. I wasn't really referring to Kotsay. I was mostly speaking of my general reactions to just about everything. All of it combined made my head go a bit wacko and I assumed the entire game would be a disaster. I should have calmed down a little and realized the game would calm and I would too. Gotta work on that a bit. Really. I kinda lost it there.
-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Did anyone else wanna see Halliday and Furcal collide and bash eachother's heads in?

That would be mean-spirited.

Besides, I'd rather see Pujols fall into the dugout and bash TLR's head in

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

Archived