Brewer Fanatic

2011-10-12 Brewers (Gallardo) at Cardinals (Carpenter) - [Brewers lose, 4-3; trail NLCS, 2-1]

pretendastronaut
  • Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really want to see what LaRussa is doing in the dugout. I hope TBS shows us at some point.

I can tell you... he's pursing his lips every three seconds like he's sucking on an imaginary pacifier

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

I was always fine w/ including Kotsay in the lineup, he just shouldn't be playing centerfield, or batting 2nd really. He probably fits better as a run producer hitting fifth and obviously as a rightfielder where his old legs can be hidden more.
We only have two guys who have any business playing CF, and I think we all know who they are.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I really want to see what LaRussa is doing in the dugout. I hope TBS shows us at some point.
We could tell from his expression that Braun wasn't hit intentionally.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Smoltz is totally right. Gallardo's balance/mechanics are all sorts of off. I know what it's like, too. When I used to pitch, there was about one game per season where I felt totally off. I remember one where I felt off balance every pitch, yet somehow I only gave up 1 run. Maybe it made my delivery deceptive or something.

Smoltz is totally right. Gallardo's balance/mechanics are all sorts of off. I know what it's like, too. When I used to pitch, there was about one game per season where I felt totally off. I remember one where I felt off balance every pitch, yet somehow I only gave up 1 run. Maybe it made my delivery deceptive or something.

GIF or it didn't happen.

I was always fine w/ including Kotsay in the lineup, he just shouldn't be playing centerfield, or batting 2nd really. He probably fits better as a run producer hitting fifth and obviously as a rightfielder where his old legs can be hidden more.
We only have two guys who have any business playing CF, and I think we all know who they are.

Chuckie Carr and Jeffrey Hammonds?

Question:

Is it really common for the managers to call the pitches? It looks like both TLR and RR are sending the signals to the catchers. I'm especially surprised with the Cards, as I'd figure Clutch Yadi is so amazing that he's written the book on all the opposing hitters.

If nothing else, this game to this point has taught me to calm the heck down. I'm a smarter baseball fan than to be so reactionary. Most of us are. It's tough not to get hyped up sometimes, and since being in the NLCS is new to me I'm going to learn a bit about patience in these games.

That said, Yadier Molina looks like a girl!

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Question:

Is it really common for the managers to call the pitches? It looks like both TLR and RR are sending the signals to the catchers. I'm especially surprised with the Cards, as I'd figure Clutch Yadi is so amazing that he's written the book on all the opposing hitters.

Depends. They often check if to throw over.

Archived