Brewer Fanatic

2011-10-12 Brewers (Gallardo) at Cardinals (Carpenter) - [Brewers lose, 4-3; trail NLCS, 2-1]

pretendastronaut
  • Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think there equally matched but the Brewers have laid an egg in the series so far.
While Monday was a joke, RR is totally at fault for this start.
No, it's Yo's fault for the 4-0 start. RR didn't give up 4-5 hard hit fly-balls. He should be getting the ball on the ground or striking guys out. While Gomez would have caught Jay's ball, that doesn't excuse Yo for pitching terribly the rest of the way and walking batters.

That is a good point... But as a manager you need to think about D, especially going against their ace.

don't forget. just win ONE of these three games and we're back to having homefield advantage. get off the ledge people...
Honestly I don't feel good about having to take both games at home against the Cardinals. I was really hoping to come back to Miller Park up 3-2. Not that we can't but this start and every first inning has been nothing short of pathetic.

It's all well and good to talk about Gomez, but he wasn't going to get this start in any event against RHP. Starting Kotsay was a huge gamble that failed, but I don't know that it's a guarantee that Morgan catches either of those ball, either, given his defense lately (I doubt he gets to the Pujols double in any event).

Yo pitched bad, and his outfield didn't catch two ball that a good outfield catches. Either the Brewers have the mental toughness to get themselves back into this game or they don't. Carpenter looks like he can be had tonight.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

This Cardinals team is NOT a Juggernaut. They won 90 games. They needed an EPIC collapse by the Braves to win the WC on the last day. That's what makes this so ugly. This is NOT an unstoppable force that should be so overwhelmingly embarrassing the Brewers, yet that's exactly what it feels like. This is a great hitting team with decent starting pitching, bad outfield defense, and a crap bullpen. Yet the 96 win Brewers have a manager who's managing like it's a throw away game in mid May, and every last one of our starting pitchers looks like a deer in headlights lately.

If you listen to the fans and media, Chris Carpenter is Walter Johnson, Albert Pujols won't make another out the rest of the series, and the Cards should be expected to score 10 runs per game.

Are there any good movies on TV tonight?

This is the lamest thing I've ever wrote, but I was actually looking forward to watching Modern Family and pausing this. I'll watch it, but I can't bear real time. It's like watching a 'select' team go all crazy on your kid.

Well, I'm definitely watching Modern Family now. I need to laugh.

Wow. This is absolutely devastating.

I can't even see how Gallardo would be at fault here.

This nightmare goes to RR for putting Kotsay in CF,

RR for batting Kotsay second

Kotsay for cleaning the basepath with his face

Kotsay for being in CF

Hart for being himself and catching fewer flyballs this series than I have

RR for still being in the dugout

total rant, I know. i still feel no better

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

don't forget. just win ONE of these three games and we're back to having homefield advantage. get off the ledge people...

None of the pitchers can get anyone out, the chances of winning a game there seems pretty small.

And Cy Carpenter is so off tonight. Geez. I still think they have time to come back, this just reminds me of all those Suppan, Doug Davis, feel in the blank with your favorite BF.net whipping boy. Com'on boys. Get it together!!!

Wow. This is absolutely devastating.

I can't even see how Gallardo would be at fault here.

Yo walked 3 batters and gave up 3 solid hits. don't let him off the hook. he did not pitch well. he can still turn it around, but he has plenty of fault for that first inning.

While Monday was a joke, RR is totally at fault for this start.
No, it's Yo's fault for the 4-0 start. RR didn't give up 4-5 hard hit fly-balls. He should be getting the ball on the ground or striking guys out. While Gomez would have caught Jay's ball, that doesn't excuse Yo for pitching terribly the rest of the way and walking batters.

That is a good point... But as a manager you need to think about D, especially going against their ace.

Honestly, Yo had to get 5 outs that inning. So yeah, I blame Roenicke and Kotsay there. Can you imagine how frustrating this has to be here for Yo? And then Kranitz had the balls to yell at him? This coaching staff can go out the door right now...
@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

Archived