Brewer Fanatic

2011-10-12 Brewers (Gallardo) at Cardinals (Carpenter) - [Brewers lose, 4-3; trail NLCS, 2-1]

pretendastronaut
  • Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No doubt. With Gomez in CF, Gallardo is out of the inning with no runs scored.

And it's probably a 1-0 Brewers lead.

Dancing on the line of delusional and whiny...

Excuse me. What exactly am I whining about? And you don't think Gomez catches either one of those balls?

Well, if you are going to get far behind, better to do it very early.

And yeh, our team defense in general is pretty damn terrible. Never has been a high priority.

You have to hope the manager at least tries to put good defense out there. I firmly believe DPR has no idea what a good defender looks like. He has pulled guys for defense in a few games but has never pulled KIotsay. Kotsay can't even field a ground ball in the outfield.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

In every other sport, a player who makes a big boneheaded mistake (let alone several in one inning) is flat benched. I don't care that baseball is different because a guy can't come back into the game.

Remove Kotsay immediately.

I was wondering what inning would be the magic inning where we'd all complain that Kotsay didn't belong in CF tonight. Have to admit...didn't expect it to be in the 1st inning.

By the way...I predict Carp doesn't let up more than 3 runs tonight. The Cards have enough right now.

And yeh, our team defense in general is pretty damn terrible. Never has been a high priority.

You have to hope the manager at least tries to put good defense out there. I firmly believe DPR has no idea what a good defender looks like. He has pulled guys for defense in a few games but has never pulled KIotsay. Kotsay can't even field a ground ball in the outfield.

You mean like replacing Weeks for defensive reasons but not Betancourt?

And Hairston for Weeks but not McGehee

They're the better team..it's not even close. In all phases.

I think there equally matched but the Brewers have laid an egg in the series so far.

While Monday was a joke, RR is totally at fault for this start.
No, it's Yo's fault for the 4-0 start. RR didn't give up 4-5 hard hit fly-balls. He should be getting the ball on the ground or striking guys out. While Gomez would have caught Jay's ball, that doesn't excuse Yo for pitching terribly the rest of the way and walking batters.

Are there any good movies on TV tonight?

This is the lamest thing I've ever wrote, but I was actually looking forward to watching Modern Family and pausing this. I'll watch it, but I can't bear real time. It's like watching a 'select' team go all crazy on your kid.

No doubt. With Gomez in CF, Gallardo is out of the inning with no runs scored.

And it's probably a 1-0 Brewers lead.

Dancing on the line of delusional and whiny...

Excuse me. What exactly am I whining about? And you don't think Gomez catches either one of those balls?

I really don't think he would have caught the Pujols double. Sure, with Kotsay you knew it was a double the moment it left the bat....but that was well hit and straight to left center.

That doesn't make it any better, still probably out of the inning down 1-0 with Gomez in there.

You have to hope the manager at least tries to put good defense out there. I firmly believe DPR has no idea what a good defender looks like. He has pulled guys for defense in a few games but has never pulled Kotsay. Kotsay can't even field a ground ball in the outfield.

Yes.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Me too. But all eyes are on this game. If this doesn't work he's going to get killed by every type of media and baseball fan that ever existed. So, I doubt he'll ever do something this dumb again.

But as of now, the series is 1-1 and Game 3 is tied 0-0. So:

Let's Go Brewers!

I wonder if he has any idea what's coming tonight.

Archived