Brewer Fanatic

Believe it or not, we like you guys...

cubfan1126

... at least more than the Cardinals

I'm part of the 68%

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/sc-spt-1012-cubs-fans-nlcs-bb-playoffs--20111012,0,3403985.story

Cubs fans 'want' Brewers to win

Dislike of Cardinals so intense nearly 70 percent in poll preferred they lose NLCS

A Tribune poll asked who they wanted to win the NLCS, the enemy to the South or the nearer foe to the North.

New-found envy "won" over long-rooted hatred.

Sixty-eight per cent would rather see the Brewers win, and that's not because there is great love between Chicago and Milwaukee.

The result is more the built-in dislike Cub fans have for the Cardinals, who received a surprisingly high 13 percent of the vote.

Actually, the Cardinals finished third in the very unscientific but very specific two-team poll, with "this question is mean" garnering 19 percent of the total.

All of which probably means the Cardinals will be attending another World Series next week, because longtime Cubs fans obviously don't make very good life choices.

Over the past several years, I've grown to hate the Cardinals more than the Cubs, that's for sure. Part of me has a soft spot for the Cubs because they were my N.L. team back in the late 70's early 80's when we got WGN on cable. There are a lot of obnoxious Cub fans around here for sure, but the Cardinal organization itself is obnoxious.

Honestly, if this NLCS was Cubs v. Cardinals, I would be pulling for the Cubs. I get annoyed of Cubs fans in Miller Park, but that was more due to the fact that that Crew didn't have good enough teams to fill up the park. Can hardly blame a fanbase for driving 90 miles to watch their team with so many tickets available, I have done the same thing and gone to Wrigley and everyone was really cool to me. Its way different than with the Cardinals, I can't stand anything about that team.

Honestly, if this NLCS was Cubs v. Cardinals, I would be pulling for the Cubs.

Agreed. I know a lot of Cub fans. While we like to give each other a hard time during the season, I'm usually willing to cheer for a friend's team in the playoffs if "my" team is out of it. Unless that team is the Yankees or a Favre led Vikings team.

If it was Cubs-Cards, that just wouldn't be a hard choice for me at all. And not even because I have a lot of family members (both parents from IL) who are diehard Cubs fans & would take as much (if not more) joy from that hypothetical Cubs win as I would from a Brewers win. But because the Cards suck that much.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

My distaste for the Cubs is mostly because I have Cubs fans in my grill all the time because I live in Chicago. If I imagine myself living on a netural site then I realize that I hate the Cardinals and are just annoyed by the Cubs from time to time.

Reaslistically my chief negative baseball emotion is frustration with the Crew.

Archived