Hello Mr. Gwynn,

We need you back...see ya tomorrow.

edit: more descriptive title --splitterpfj

edit: new title to reflect discussion --1992casey

edit: new title to reflect new information --1992casey

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is a disaster. The last thing the team needs is Gwynn. I'm for letting Hart play CF everyday and just working a platoon between Jenkins/Gross/Mench in the corner spots. Hopefully there's a cheap RH bat that can be had off the scrap heap or buried in AAA that they can get for cash, too.

I'm for letting Hart play CF everyday and just working a platoon between Jenkins/Gross/Mench in the corner spots.

I'd give Gross a look in CF also. This may be a chance for Gabe to show what he can do with somewhat regular playing time. I'd rather see Gross get most of the "replacement" starts over Mench. I would think they'd still have to call up Gwynn if Hall does land on the 15 day DL. Problem is who is the third OFer v. lefties? Gwynn, Jenkins, Gross? No real great options there, but I would guess Yost will end up giving Gwynn a bunch of starts in CF. Might as well take the defensive upgrade if you aren't going to get very good production vs. LHP anyway.

PITTSBURGH (AP) -- Brewers center fielder Bill Hall was helped off the field with an apparent right ankle injury after he leaped trying to catch Ryan Doumit's solo home run for Pittsburgh in the second inning Thursday.

As Hall went back on the play, he used the center field wall padding as support and boosted himself up. After coming down, he lay on his back on the warning track for several minutes while trainers and teammates gathered around him. He limped off the field with support from the team's trainers.

Well, Gwynn is a fine defender, and to be honest, I don't see a lot of RH platoon guys just sitting around waiting to be picked up for nothing...heck, many people want to lose Mench.

If Hall is out, I would assume Tony would get the call.

If this situation is going to last very long, Doug should probably consider dealing for someone.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Anyone want to kick the tires on Kenny Lofton as mentioned in many a threads if Billy is down for some serious time?

Although this is where our depth might prove its worth. Mench, Jenkins, and Gross are left with some decent track record of success. Or of course, Mr. Lofton, might be available.

I think some people are jumping the gun a little here.

They won't have to make a roster move with only 3 more games 'till the break.

That is if the initial diagnosis is correct and it's just a sprain.

Yeah, Lofton has a proven record of success. I'm not a big fan of the word "consistent", but if anyone is a consistent player it's Kenny Lofton.

He would be a total no-brainer if Hall is out an extended period of time.

I'll admit I've kind of missed the daily Gwynn excessive praise/unnecessary bashing thread.

I hope this is only a mild sprain. Hall on the DL would not be a good thing as we'd have no good option against lefties. I'd almost consider letting Graffy play RF with Hart in CF verses lefties, but both Mench and Graffy in the corners would be a disaster.

You guys are ridiculous. Gwynn should of never went down in the first place, he actually would have a place on this team unlike Gross. Gross has been worthless when he has played, save for his ONE game where he hit 2 homers. Bash Gwynn's power all you want but if we need anything right now, it's somebody who does the little things. Gross has been pretty much horrible most of the time he plays and doesn't play good defense.

Archived