Brewer Fanatic

Hoping for Some Better Starting Pitching? ... Well you are in Luck!!

Bombers

Wolf, Marcum and Greinke all seem to be slumping at the same time. Here are some pretty numbers:

1. Marcum

a. Has thrown 5 games this year with a 0 run outing (Last one was September 4th).

b. Has pitched poorly in his last 5 of 6 games. 3 straight).

2. Wolf

a. Has thrown 5 games with a 0 run outing (Last one was August 15).

b. Has pitched poorly in his last 3 games.

3. Both Marcum and Wolf usually never went more than 2 bad outings back to back as they would then string together a bunch of good ones.

4. Greinke

a. Was lights out in the 2nd half (had 2 games of 16 where he gave up more than 3 runs)

b. His ERA dropped from 5.66 on July 3rd to 3.83 on his last outing of the year.

c. Greinke threw 2 games this year (both in the 2nd half) with zero runs given up. (Last one was July 27)

5. Yo:

a. Was straight filthy this year outside of April.

b. Yo also threw 5 games this year with zero runs given up. (Last one was August 30.)

So in short someone on this team is due to throw a gem of a game. (or atleast I am hoping.) I think they have shown all year, as a whole, they are pretty slump proof. It seemed to me 1 or 2 of them would have a bad start or two and then string a bunch of good ones in a row. Here’s to hoping Yo kicks off a run of quality outings starting tomorrow and maybe a few where they throw zero's! Go Brewers!

Archived