Brewer Fanatic

Why all the doom and gloom?

RockCoCougars
A million miles away?

Man do I hate that song. Didn't take long at all, either. I think I went from "never heard this song before" to "hate/rage any time I hear a note of it" in like a day.

I don't hate the song yet, but its magic jumped the shark when the Miller Diamond Dancers used it for their routine Monday night. Maybe that's why that game headed south.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A million miles away?

Man do I hate that song. Didn't take long at all, either. I think I went from "never heard this song before" to "hate/rage any time I hear a note of it" in like a day.

I liked it when it first came out in the winter. Then WWE used it as the theme song for Wrestlemania and they played it on every tv show for like two months leading up to it. I'm sure MLB isn't aware of its use with Wrestlemania but that's the first thing I think of when I hear it. And since the song was actually released in September of last year, you would think MLB could pick something a little more current.

On a side note, I just hate when companies/teams/etc. latch onto songs that are big but have been around for like a year. They should pick new stuff that's just been released to claim those songs as their own.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

There's only a small handful of those who I would call "doom and gloom." I see them in the IGTs as well. Down 1-0 in the 1st, and the game is over. Series tied 1-1, it's all over. So yes, that exists, but it's a tiny fraction of BF "regulars."

There are many others who are concerned, and have laid out very reasoned responses as to why there should be concern. I don't consider that to be "doom and gloom" at all. That's just trying to look at series objectively and pointing out the reaons for concern. At any rate, I really resent the statements (or at least insinuation) that anyone who is worried about this series for very valid reasons is somehow less of a Brewers fan than the eternal optimists. We all want the Brewers to win, or we wouldn't be here.

I am not sure but it seems that these fans are always looking for the down side ,i was bad with the doom and gloom a lot during the season especially in September.

BUt really their much more doubters and gloomers here especially during these playoffs especially after the Diamondback pulled even @2-2.But i have tried to post positive thoughts throughout the playoffs,just seem to me people are just waiting for the Brewers to lose .

for what it's worth, the vegas moneyline for the series right now is STL -120/MIL even. virtually a toss up with the slightest edge to the cardinals.
I'll take Vegas's opinion every time. That's saying the Brewers have a 48% chance of winning.

And if it was so obvious that Marcum was "toast", he would have been shut down already. Im not happy with his performance so far but it could just as easily just be a momentary blip. Everything is just so obvious to people around here, until they are wrong and find something else that is obvious.

And disregarding small samples while focusing on individual matchups.... My goodness. People act like the playoffs are magical.

Once again you fail to understand the other side of the coin. This isn't the regular season where we have 162 games, hot and cold matters in the playoffs. 1 bad defensive play, or 2 in the case of tonight's game is all the difference in a game and sometimes a series. Baseball games have never been won in any player or teams' cumulative stats, they are won and lost in individual match-ups between pitchers/hitters and fielders making plays. Either our team makes the plays or they don't, and there's no time for performance to normalize to career norms, the sample sizes are just too small.

If you feel good about Marcum in game 6, all the power to you, I'm certainly in no position to tell people what they should or shouldn't believe. He's pitched poorly for a while now, I personally don't feel good about that game at all. Like I said, coming into the season I would have felt good about Marcum late in a series but as it stands right now coming back to Milwaukee for game 6 with Marcum on the mound makes me uneasy at best.

As I said, because of the format of the 7 game series St. Louis did exactly what they needed to winning 1 of 2 in Milwaukee and switching the power dynamic. They made it a 5 game series where they have 3 home games in a row, it seems pretty reasonable to suggest that St Louis is in the driver's seat. As I'm typing this the Brewers just lost again... I don't believe the Brewers winning 1 of the next 2 games is going to be enough.

It's not doom and gloom, the Brewers simply are not in a favorable position by any measure at this point in time.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Ron Roenicke.

Yes, it's very demoralizing when the opposing manager clearly realizes the importance of every out (offensively and defensively) in the playoffs, and manages accordingly while our manager does not. I hate LaRussa's guts, but the guy is playing chess right now and Roenicke is playing checkers.

I'm incredibly bummed out at this moment.

What was that little nugget the TBS crew threw out there...the team that wins a 1-1 matchup in Game 3 has won 72% of series...there's one for stat geeks to chew on. Brewers not looking good. Maybe I might have a glimmer of hope if they could win games on the road, but we all know the story there.

What was that little nugget the TBS crew threw out there...the team that wins a 1-1 matchup in Game 3 has won 72% of series...there's one for stat geeks to chew on. Brewers not looking good. Maybe I might have a glimmer of hope if they could win games on the road, but we all know the story there.

http://www.whowins.com/tables/up21.html

game 4 record series record

MLB all all 69-52 (.570) 86-35 (.711)
the first "all" is for which round is being played, and the 2nd "all" is both home and away teams combined
Formerly AirShuttle6104

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I wasn't doom and gloomy up until last night. I don't believe that the 90 win Cardinals are inherently a better team than the Brewers, but it's become readily apparent that our manager is going to manage these games as if it's mid-May and we can just come back and 'get em again tomorrow'. Using McGehee against Motte in the 9th inning when still down only one run, while Green, Kottaras, and heck, even Counsell were all still on the bench was both sad and predictable. Take 2 strikes looking (right down the middle), and then swing and miss at something out of the zone, and Casey delivered right on queue.

The Brewers certainly have the talent to win 3 out of 4 from the Cardinals, and heck, let's face it, any team can get 'lucky' and win 3 out of 4 (it is just one win above the mean, after all), but if this series comes down to a managerial decision (which it very well could, if it already hasn't), we're doomed.

Archived