Brewer Fanatic

Anybody going to St. Louis this week for any games?

Nick32vic

Hey Brewers fans!

I was just wondering if anyone was coming to the STL for any games this week? Yes, I am from St. Louis and a die-hard Cards fan. I have been checking this forum since the Cards/Brewers rivalry started to heat up. I think its fun to read everyones comments. However I wanted to show that we Cardinal fans really aren't jerks! haha. So if anybody is coming to St. Louis this week and looking for some good places to eat or other fun stuff to do, I would love to help out! The way I see it is that, I LOVE baseball and anyone else who does too is cool in my book! I hated to see what happened to Bryan Stow in L.A. Baseball is supposed to be fun, you shouldn't have to worry about getting beat up when you go see your team out of town. I can't guarantee that everyone will be super nice here but I'd like to help you have a good time in this city! So if your coming to town let me know!

Hi and welcome!

I went to a Brewers-Cards game at Busch a couple of years ago, and everyone was great. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I am going to game 4. I live here and will say that the fans have been generally great to me while wearing Brewers gear. Every game there have been jerks but they usually are the ones that will start talking smack as they are walking away from you but there are jerks at every stadium.

http://stlouis.cardinals....ting/postseason_info.jsp You can still order tickets directly from the Cardinals website for all 3 games in the series. Pathetic.

Brewers fans aren't passionate? Brewers fans aren't loyal? Brewers fans are a bunch of bandwagon jumpers? Playoff tickets in Milwaukee sold out in a heartbeat, yet there is a chance that the games in STL may not sell-out. I guess Cardinals fans are really taking this "Act like you've been there before" mantra to heart and not showing up at the stadium.

TracyThom[/b]]http://stlouis.cardinals....ting/postseason_info.jsp You can still order tickets directly from the Cardinals website for all 3 games in the series. Pathetic.

Brewers fans aren't passionate? Brewers fans aren't loyal? Brewers fans are a bunch of bandwagon jumpers? Playoff tickets in Milwaukee sold out in a heartbeat, yet there is a chance that the games in STL may not sell-out. I guess Cardinals fans are really taking this "Act like you've been there before" mantra to heart and not showing up at the stadium.

That is interesting considering how they have such a reputation for being the most passionate fans in the game.

I will say that it appears that the prices they are charging are much greater than the NLCS prices at Miller Park . Our loge level seats in section 215 near home plate have a face value of $75. The lowest price I saw available on the Cards web site for tonight's game was $79 for upper deck on the 1st base line. All the other prices were above $100.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I am going to game 4. I live here and will say that the fans have been generally great to me while wearing Brewers gear. Every game there have been jerks but they usually are the ones that will start talking smack as they are walking away from you but there are jerks at every stadium.
I live down here, and the people who I am close with and are Cardinals fans are generally awesome. The general fan base is extraordinarily annoying and self-entitled, if that makes sense. People are generally nice when I go to games, but when they find out that we've live here for five years, almost everyone says: "Any you're not a Cardinals fan now?" They're completely serious. I know it's not really insulting, but I find it very insulting for some reason. I lived in Wisconsin for 28 years and never said that to Vikings, Bears, Cubs, etc. fans. I don't get it.

apirk, im going tomorrow as well! Where are your seats? Im sitting in 131.

Last I heard about the weather was that theres 40% chance of rain and storms throughout the night. :-/ Too bad we don't have one of them there fancy retractable roofs! Seriously though, Miller Park looks awesome! Id love to catch a Cards/Brewers game there next year!

I live down here, and the people who I am close with and are Cardinals fans are generally awesome. The general fan base is extraordinarily annoying and self-entitled, if that makes sense. People are generally nice when I go to games, but when they find out that we've live here for five years, almost everyone says: "Any you're not a Cardinals fan now?" They're completely serious. I know it's not really insulting, but I find it very insulting for some reason. I lived in Wisconsin for 28 years and never said that to Vikings, Bears, Cubs, etc. fans. I don't get it.
It is kind of ridiculous, I catch constant crap for wearing Brewers/Packers stuff and I always ask well if you lived somewhere else would you be a fan of their teams, but usually is followed with a blank stare because no one ever moves away from STL if they were born here. We've probably ran into each other at some point in the past five years at a game, for some reason I always end up sitting around other Brewer fans, my Cardinal fan girlfriend is always shocked that it works out that way.

I'm sitting in the bleachers tomorrow. My folks are coming down and my dad could not believe that bleacher tickets were $98, then I told him they are normally like $35. Pretty shocked that there are still tickets.

It is kind of ridiculous, I catch constant crap for wearing Brewers/Packers stuff and I always ask well if you lived somewhere else would you be a fan of their teams, but usually is followed with a blank stare because no one ever moves away from STL if they were born here. We've probably ran into each other at some point in the past five years at a game, for some reason I always end up sitting around other Brewer fans, my Cardinal fan girlfriend is always shocked that it works out that way.

I'm sitting in the bleachers tomorrow. My folks are coming down and my dad could not believe that bleacher tickets were $98, then I told him they are normally like $35. Pretty shocked that there are still tickets.

There it is right there. And don't get me started on "Where did you go to school?" I really enjoy living here except when the Cardinals are making a playoff run.

Have fun at the games. Not sure how you feel about adult beverages or A-B products, but last time I sat in the bleachers there was a stand behind the scoreboard that sold some non-AB beers.

Schlafly Beer. Section 265 has Oktoberfest & Hefeweizen. 163,140, 433 & 240 have Pale Ale, 448 has Hefe & Pale, & Ballpark village has bottles poured into cups.

On the other hand, do Cardinal fans in Milwaukee get crap for wearing Cardinal hats? Most likely. If I see someone with a Brewers cap I'll probably give them a little ribbing but I'll also joke around and tell them to have a good time. Friendly competition! I ran into a couple Reds fans at the Red Sox game earlier this year, I tried to make conversation with them but I dont think they like me wearing my Cardinal hat.

Archived