Brewer Fanatic

How bad do you want it?

Pudster13

Hypothetical question:

If the baseball "gods" granted Brewer fans one of these options, which would you take:

Option #1:

Brewers get 80% chance of winning the NLCS vs. the Cardinals, but then if they advance they have a 20% chance of winning this year's World Series.

Option #2:

Brewers get 40% chance of winning NLCS vs. the Cardinals, but then if they advance they have a 60% chance of winning this year's World Series.

Option #3:

Cardinals win this year's World Series, but then Pujols signs 10-year contract with the Cubs and La Rusa gets "shingles" again and figures the "classy" thing to do would be to retire from baseball forever.

Please choose your option and give your reasoning.

2 obviously gives them a better chance of winning it all, so I've got to go with 2.

However, you should add the following stipulation: Albert Pujols signs with Cubs for 10 years at $300 million, Fielder to Cardinals 7 years $160 million.

I'm going with #1. Part of the reason that I've been a bigger Brewer fan than Packer fan over the last 15 years is because they've never won it all. Quite frankly, when the Packers are as good as they are now, I find myself not only expecting victory every single week, but it is almost disappointing when the have an offensive drive that doesn't result in points. I take their success for granted. If the Brewers win the Series, what will I have to look forward to? Winning it again? Or only future disappointment every time they DON'T win it? Now I'm obviously not saying that I hope they lose, that would be ridiculous, but I think I'd take the greater chance at making it as far as possible this year and falling just short than trying to bite off the whole wad of success at once. Yes, I know that I am somewhat sick and twisted.

I'm also going with Option #1. I just cannot stand the very thought of losing to the Cardinals to allow them to advance to the World Series. Plus, this may be the best shot of seeing a World Series game being played at Miller Park in my lifetime.

P.S. I'm seven years old.

I would get a vasectomy for a Brewers World Title series in my lifetime.

You also have a baby orangutan as your avatar. For some reason I don't think this would be a huge sacrifice for you :p.

Archived