Brewer Fanatic

Good times for the sports fans of Wisconsin....email from a friend

markedman5

So me and a group of friends decided to rent a party bus for a tailgate at the Rams v. Packers on this coming Sunday. The bus was booked several weeks ago. Now, a conflict has arisen due to our Brewers.

We discussed the conflict and have decided that we'll most likely just keep the bus, but have it take us to Miller Park instead of Lambeau.

But in that debate, one of my buddies wrote an all-time email, it's based off a monologue that you will all recognize and one which we often cite during our happy hours and golf outings.

So here it is. Enjoy:

That is the Truth, need to support the Brew Crew. We live in a sports world that needs fan support, and that support has to be provided by men like us. Who’s gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinburg? We have a great responsibility gentlemen, greater than most people could possibly fathom. You weep for the Diamondbacks, and you curse the Yankees. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. Rooting for the Brewers, while tragic throughout history, probably makes us the best fans in all of MLB. And our existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to our wives, helps win ball games. They want us in that stadium, they need us in that stadium. We use words like team, loyalty, and "zing boom tararrel". We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending the 'Crew. Cardinals fans use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to any of you who question the manner in which I provide fan support. For those that want the Packer game, I understand completely, but I will stand with the Brewers on this one. And when they win the World Series, I would appreciate a "thank you."

However, if there is no game 6 . . . LETS GO PACKERS!

Archived