Brewer Fanatic

2011-10-10 Cardinals (Jackson) at Brewers (Marcum) - [Brewers lose, 12-3; NLCS tied 1-1]

pretendastronaut

Terrible decision to go up there hacking 3-0, I don't care if the pitcher is batting behind you. Then to compound the problem chasing a 3-1 slider in the dirt makes it even worse.

He was being patient but swinging out of his shoes on a 3-0 count jacked him up for the rest of the at bat. I don't like it either. He can hit them, but its not like he is a home run hitter

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i have no problem with him swinging 3-0. he definitely got a pitch to hit, and the pitcher behind him makes a difference. Just didn't get it done. it happens. if he takes strike 1 there how can you say he still doesn't chase a 3-1 slider?

That's not a terrible decision in the slightest to give Lucroy the green light 3-0. Pitcher is up next and he can sit dead red. He just didn't smash it, which isn't some heinous crime. I mean, do we really think there was a good chance Marcum was going to drive in a run with the bases loaded? We would've all been praying for a strikeout. Also, it's not like Lucroy was just hacking 3-0. He was looking for a fastball that he could hit and he got one. If it was a ball, he likely would've walked. The next pitch was a great job by Jackson.

Hart has much more power than Lucroy..I will take my chances anyday with the bases loaded over Lucroy with a guy on 1st and 2nd.

how were the bases loaded? By taking a first strike that means he's going to take that slider? even if you can prove that (you can't), what if marcum GIDP?

Jackson more than likely would have come with back to back fastballs if he didn't swing at the first one. By swinging at the first 3-0 pitch, Jackson knew that Luc was probably going to sit fastball and threw him off speed. It changed the whole at bat.

how were the bases loaded? By taking a first strike that means he's going to take that slider? even if you can prove that (you can't), what if marcum GIDP?
I never said anything about if he took the 1st pitch he would then take the slider.

If he walked the bases would have been loaded. If he didn't chase the terrible pitching the dirt 3-1 the bases would have been loaded with Marcum up. Obviously Marcum could have hit into the double play..but he could have also had a hit as well.

I never said anything about if he took the 1st pitch he would then take the slider.

If he walked the bases would have been loaded. If he didn't chase the terrible pitching the dirt 3-1 the bases would have been loaded with Marcum up. Obviously Marcum could have hit into the double play..but he could have also had a hit as well.

well yea. I'm not defending lucroy for swinging at that 3-1 pitch. I just don't think it had anything to do with greenlighting him on 3-0. it was a fine decision.

Archived