Brewer Fanatic

2011-10-10 Cardinals (Jackson) at Brewers (Marcum) - [Brewers lose, 12-3; NLCS tied 1-1]

pretendastronaut
Fangraphs has a good article analyzing whether Marcum is running on empty and concludes that "Marcum’s changeup will be the key pitch to watch tonight — if it’s flat and at too similar a speed to the fastball, we could be in for a repeat of Game Three in Arizona. If it’s back to the slower, diving pitch that gave him success early in the year, then Marcum has a chance to right the wrongs of the past month."

I really hope he has it today. We really need April-August Marcum.

He just had a nasty changeup there to Pujols. Looking good.

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love the all the national attention the brewers are getting during the post season. However, these guys on TBS are not very knowledgeable. NBA announcer Craig Saeger called Braun Ryan "Brown" as in the color. Eckersly calls Yo "Ga-ll-ar-do" pronouncing the two LL's. What really got me though is that all 4 pre-game analysts picked the Cards to beat the Brewers tonight at Miller Park.
they're pretty evenly matched teams, so it's not too ridiculous to expect them to go back to st louis 1-1. the cardinals probably have the pitching edge tonight as well (and I would have said that before the meatball to pujols)

Marcum is not good. Fat pitch right down the middle of the plate. Put it on a tee, why don't ya?

Actually Marcum is a good pitcher. He just hasn't pitched well recently. Actually, more accurate would be he hasn't gotten good results recently (I thought he pitched decent in AZ besides the GS).

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Archived