Brewer Fanatic

2011-10-10 Cardinals (Jackson) at Brewers (Marcum) - [Brewers lose, 12-3; NLCS tied 1-1]

pretendastronaut
  • Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What really sucks is with the close plays in the field going our way and the ump calls going our way we could easily be the team up by a few runs. This has been a very frustrating game all around. I will say I did not expect to win 4 home games vs the Cardinals, we were going to lose 1 and we have to win 1 on the road.
Exactly how I feel.

Community Moderator
I keep hearing the argument that instant replay will slow the game down. I don't see how. That call was obvious. It would have taken one view to see it, less than 30 seconds. Everyone watching on TV saw the replay less than 15 seconds after the call on the field was made.

I keep hearing the argument that instant replay will slow the game down. I don't see how. That call was obvious. It would have taken one view to see it, less than 30 seconds. Everyone watching on TV saw the replay less than 15 seconds after the call on the field was made.
It's not only the pace of the game Selig criticizes for not adding it. He also wants to keep the human element in the game.

And usually the manager goes out to yell at the umpire, gets ejected, yells some more That probably wastes around the same amount of time anyway.

It's not only the pace of the game Selig criticizes for not adding it. He also wants to keep the human element in the game.
Which is completely idiotic. The human element will always be in the game since humans play it. Baseball games are already too slow paced and too long for the average fan these days, you can't really do much that will slow it down more.

Community Moderator

The scary part about tonight is that if the result holds up, there's no safety net of Miller Park to come back to if things go badly in St. Louis. This could be it at Miller Park for 2011.

I don't think it will happen (and I haven't given up on tonight yet with the Cards bullpen) and I think most of us expect the Brewers to win one in St. Louis. But they lost badly twice in Arizona and they need to play better on the road this time around.

Archived