Brewer Fanatic

2011-10-10 Cardinals (Jackson) at Brewers (Marcum) - [Brewers lose, 12-3; NLCS tied 1-1]

pretendastronaut
  • Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has there ever been a bigger contrast between over managing and under managing? Roenicke's managing this game like it's April 12th. LaRussa's managing this game like it's the 7th game of the World Series. In the playoffs I prefer LaRussa's approach.

I had no problem Weeks swinging first pitch.
I think the problem people have with it is more the pitch he swung at and that he didn't just go the opposite way. I almost never have a problem with someone swinging at the first pitch, as long as it's a good one at which to swing.

I had no problem Weeks swinging first pitch.
I think the problem people have with it is more the pitch he swung at and that he didn't just go the opposite way. I almost never have a problem with someone swinging at the first pitch, as long as it's a good one at which to swing.
Yeah obviously I am not happy with the pitch he swung at. But if I am Weeks I am going up there thinking that this pitcher will not want to get behind in the count 1-0 with a dead red fastball hitter at the plate and bases loaded. It was a gutsy pitch by Lynn and it worked out for him.

What really sucks is with the close plays in the field going our way and the ump calls going our way we could easily be the team up by a few runs. This has been a very frustrating game all around. I will say I did not expect to win 4 home games vs the Cardinals, we were going to lose 1 and we have to win 1 on the road.

Incredibly frustrating game. Ball bounces the wrong way, sets up runners at 2nd and 3rd instead of 3rd with one out, then when the run finally scores from third, they call a double play on a terrible call. Legitimately the only close plays the Brewers had was the ball landing foul with the pitcher up, and Lucroy not being called out on strikes before getting out on the next pitch. I know you make your own breaks, but come on, this is stupid. 2-3 balls a foot within Morgan or touching his glove, a ball off Harts glove, a ball to Hart from Pujols that is a foot from being in play, the play in the first with the ball going off Marcum's hand... ugh just so many.

Question.

Why isnt wolf pitching on Wednesday? Isnt it his turn in the rotation? He last pitched in G4.

Turns in the rotation don't matter in the playoffs. You pitch your best pitchers when they are ready. Yo will pitch game 3 and therefore be available for game 7 if necessary.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Archived