Brewer Fanatic

2011-10-10 Cardinals (Jackson) at Brewers (Marcum) - [Brewers lose, 12-3; NLCS tied 1-1]

pretendastronaut
  • Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The first problem was using Estrada here in the first place but I guess most managers make that mistake. It is the heart of the order in a game where you can't afford anymore runs, use Saito for this inning. It isn't like you are going to wear out the bullpen with a travel day tomorrow.

Would have liked to see a pinch hitter for Marcum in the 2nd with 2 guys on (and maybe 3 if Lucroy's approach would have changed with a pinch hitter on deck). Then again, McGehee is a worse hitter than Marcum at this point.
That would have been ludicrous to PH for Marcum in the 2nd.

The first problem was using Estrada here in the first place but I guess most managers make that mistake. It is the heart of the order in a game where you can't afford anymore runs, use Saito for this inning. It isn't like you are going to wear out the bullpen with a travel day tomorrow.

I agree. It's hard to fault Roenicke when 98% of managers would make that mistake.

Slightly related (and might not matter)....is Saito available tonight? Is he good to pitch on back to back nights?

We should have gone to Narvy. He needs to get ready to start game 6.
Fully agree. A change in pitchers was warranted. Pulling Marcum earlier could have been a chance to get Narveson 2-3 innings of work. With Narveson not having started in a while--and with a chance he might be more effective than Marcum as a starter--he could have used the innings.

Archived