Brewer Fanatic

2011-10-10 Cardinals (Jackson) at Brewers (Marcum) - [Brewers lose, 12-3; NLCS tied 1-1]

pretendastronaut

http://www.ishouldhavebeenanastronaut.com/brewfan/2011/pitchers/nlcs/game2.jpg

Edwin Jackson

Jackson never seems fazed by anything, a trait that should help him in the NLCS. He was hit hard in his first start against Milwaukee as a Cardinal, but bounced back with two more good games against the Brewers.

Brewers vs. Jackson
Jackson Game Log

Shaun Marcum

Allowing a grand slam in Game 3 of the NLDS vs. Arizona was one of many frustrating moments for Marcum, who has posted a 7.76 ERA and allowed a .331 opponents' average in his past five starts. He has a 4.95 ERA in three starts vs. St. Louis in 2011.

Cardinals vs. Marcum
Marcum Game Log

Starting Lineups

1. Rafael Furcal SS
  2. Jon Jay CF
  3. Albert Pujols 1B
  4. Matt Holliday LF
  5. Lance Berkman RF
  6. Yadier Molina C
  7. David Freese 3B
  8. Nick Punto 2B
  9. Edwin Jackson P

1. Corey Hart RF
  2. Nyjer Morgan CF
  3. Ryan Braun LF
  4. Prince Fielder 1B
  5. Rickie Weeks 2B
  6. Jerry Hairston Jr. 3B
  7. Yuniesky Betancourt SS
  8. Jonathan Lucroy C
  9. Shaun Marcum P

Media Coverage

http://www.ishouldhavebeenanastronaut.com/brewfan/2011/media/media-tbs.jpg

Brewerfan Game Chat

MLB GameDay | ESPN GameCast | 620 WTMJ Affiliates

Fan Sites

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't imagine Ron messing with the lineup now. Casey will have his moment at some point in a PH role to get a big hit and help the team. Starting him now is a mistake. Hairston has more than earned his spot. That would mean Weeks to the bench and I just don't think that's happening.

Our odyssey continues. My hopes for tonight include these:

A better night for Shaun. (Hint: Try not to load the bases and you may not have to worry about a grand slam.)

1-0 for Monday for the Brewers.

That Yuku might yield enough functionality for those of you not attending the game to actually utilize the forums and/or chat room tonight.

I'd settle for the first two, even.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Every day, Harold Reynolds shows how much of a dummy he is. He said that RR should start Casey because of the 3 homer game. My god. Mitch Williams said so, too, but then he added that Marcum should plunk Furcal so that the benches get warned and then Jackson has to throw the ball over the plate to McGehee. At least the second part was entertaining (and it did not appear to be 100% serious, btw).

RF Corey Hart

CF Nyjer Morgan

LF Ryan Braun

1B Prince Fielder

2B Rickie Weeks

3B Jerry Hairston Jr.

SS Yuniesky Betancourt

C Jonathan Lucroy

RHP Shaun Marcum

Also, Harold Reynolds is in love with the Cardinals. I normally like him but last night he was just talking about the Cardinals, how good their at bats were, how they would win game 2 and blah blah blah.

Also, Harold Reynolds is in love with the Cardinals. I normally like him but last night he was just talking about the Cardinals, how good their at bats were, how they would win game 2 and blah blah blah.

But he also begged Fielder to stay in Milwaukee because he and Braun are so much fun to watch together. I don't see any bias on MLB network, except *maybe* Plesac for the Crew.

You may run like Mays...

Fangraphs has a good article analyzing whether Marcum is running on empty and concludes that "Marcum’s changeup will be the key pitch to watch tonight — if it’s flat and at too similar a speed to the fastball, we could be in for a repeat of Game Three in Arizona. If it’s back to the slower, diving pitch that gave him success early in the year, then Marcum has a chance to right the wrongs of the past month."

I really hope he has it today. We really need April-August Marcum.

Formerly Andersoc420

I love the all the national attention the brewers are getting during the post season. However, these guys on TBS are not very knowledgeable. NBA announcer Craig Saeger called Braun Ryan "Brown" as in the color. Eckersly calls Yo "Ga-ll-ar-do" pronouncing the two LL's. What really got me though is that all 4 pre-game analysts picked the Cards to beat the Brewers tonight at Miller Park.

Archived