Brewer Fanatic

NLCS Miller Park Roof Thread

1992casey
Per Tom Haudricourt, as of yesterday, the Brewers expect the roof to be open for Game 1.
The Brewers announced the roof is expected to be open but is subject to changing weather conditions. MLB, after consulting with the clubs, had the roof closed on a gorgeous day Friday for Game 5 of the NLDS.
Let's stick to this thread for any roof discussion during the NLCS.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Demonstrating the complete incompetence of those making these decisions! Near 80 degrees on Friday and the idiots have it closed, now today for some reason it is okay to have it open (as it should be).

The claim is always it's MLB's decision, so I blame this guy for the foolishness of Friday:

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/297/170/2002_display_image.jpg?1279026889

So does this mean that if it is 50 degrees next Sunday or Monday night that the roof will be open in order to have "consistent conditions"?

On Friday they had the roof open until just before the game started. With it open, the entire field and even the batter's eye was in shade, except where sun was coming through the window (which of course did not change by closing it, so there would have been no impact on the players, unless they are distracted by things like a blue sky.

Demonstrating the complete incompetence of those making these decisions! Near 80 degrees on Friday and the idiots have it closed, now today for some reason it is okay to have it open (as it should be).

The claim is always it's MLB's decision, so I blame this guy for the foolishness of Friday:

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/297/170/2002_display_image.jpg?1279026889

So does this mean that if it is 50 degrees next Sunday or Monday night that the roof will be open in order to have "consistent conditions"?

On Friday they had the roof open until just before the game started. With it open, the entire field and even the batter's eye was in shade, except where sun was coming through the window (which of course did not change by closing it, so there would have been no impact on the players, unless they are distracted by things like a blue sky.

Actually you should be blaming this guy instead as he is the one he has control over the roof being open or closed.
http://www.halloffamememorabilia.com/images/products/p-455913-autographed-hand-signed-joe-torre-milwaukee-braves-mla-10602-2.gif

The noise on Friday was insane. I went to game 6 when the Bucks beat the Hornets early last decade, and I think this noise was even more intense than that (and this is a much bigger stadium). I think the noise really gets to the pitchers regardless if the roof is open or closed, but I tend to agree with closing it for the extra sound bouncing off the top.

So if it's rainy, cold, and windy on Sunday are they going to keep the roof open because the roof was open for the first two games of the series? Obviously, I'm joking...but it seems to be the logic they follow.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

So if it's rainy, cold, and windy on Sunday are they going to keep the roof open because the roof was open for the first two games of the series? Obviously, I'm joking...but it seems to be the logic they follow.
I guess it depends on how you define "consistent": in terms of general climate conditions (temperature, precip, etc.) or of light/shadows. One could make a case for either.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived