Brewer Fanatic

Narveson vs. St. Louis this season

NYChez
15 innings, 1.20 ERA, 3 walks, 11 K's. Any way he gets a start this series, especially with how poorly Wolf and Marcum have pitched recently? Or is he only going to get into a game when the Brewers are already down 5-0?

I'd like to see him as first man off the bench if Marcum struggles and with a relatively short hook on Marcum. Possibly the same with Wolf, but Narveson would probably be more effective against the Cards' lefty lineup.

If Marcum comes out and gives up 1 or 2 in the first, then 1 or 2 more in the second, he wouldn't see the third if it were up to me. I don't care what we gave for him or what his salary is or anything else. If he's off, he's off.

If Marcum comes out and gives up 1 or 2 in the first, then 1 or 2 more in the second, he wouldn't see the third if it were up to me. I don't care what we gave for him or what his salary is or anything else. If he's off, he's off.

I think there's more to it than just giving up 2 runs in 2 innings. In AZ, he was getting squeezed and most of the balls weren't hit very hard (other than Montero's double and obviously the GS). If he were pitching well and gave up a few bloops and a couple runs scored, I'd still keep him in. But if he was getting smoked, then I'd consider taking him out but only if he gave up like 4 runs in 2, depending on the opposite pitching matchup. Like I said, it's more about how he's visually throwing, not just whether he's given up a couple of early runs.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

1. Marcum had a bad start. Meaningless unless it was injury related.

2. Narveson having 15 good innings against a particular team is meaningless.

You play your best pitchers in the playoffs. Greinke, Gallardo and Marcum are all excellent. You want to pull Wolf for a PH after 4-5 innings, I'm fine with that.

Statistically speaking, Loe is our best pitcher against the Cards (the lineup is a combined 8-65 with a .123 average against him) but that doesn't mean we want him pitching the 8th in a tight game. Also, McGehee had 3 HRs in a game against Jackson, but that doesn't mean we want him starting at third and hitting 5th tonight.

Archived