Brewer Fanatic

2011-10-09 Cardinals (Garcia) at Brewers (Greinke) - 3:07 PM CDT [Brewers win, 9-6; lead NLCS 1-0]

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think anybody will get tossed from this game, but I still hate the warning.
Ron Gant was talking about this exact scenario re: Brewers/Cards on MLB Network today. He said it would be highly unlikely for anyone to get ejected. He talked about the time in the WS when Kent Hrbek lifted him off 1st base and he was called out. Said he did everything he could to get ejected and never did.

Looked like a breaking ball that didn't break. I'm guessing the umps just want to make sure everyone to know there will be no shenanigans. Almost surprised there was no warnings before the game with whats already gone on before the series and in previous ones. Almost.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

They were all really close, but considering Garcia's command this inning, he probably should've looked at one.
And, umpires often dont give boarderline calls when the command is off.

Plus, if Yuni doesn't swing at one, the ump will probably think that it MUST be a ball.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

It really is amazing that Yuni even hit .250 with his horrible plate discipline. Guy is flat out struggling to throw strikes, and Yuni STILL sees fit to go up there hacking at just about everything.

Just about the worst plate approach of any player I've ever watched.

I don't think anybody will get tossed from this game, but I still hate the warning.
Ron Gant was talking about this exact scenario re: Brewers/Cards on MLB Network today. He said it would be highly unlikely for anyone to get ejected. He talked about the time in the WS when Kent Hrbek lifted him off 1st base and he was called out. Said he did everything he could to get ejected and never did.

I can't remember anybody ever getting ejected from a playoff game. Pedro Martinez assaulted a 70 year old man during a brawl and wasn't ejected from the game.

It really is amazing that Yuni even hit .250 with his horrible plate discipline. Guy is flat out struggling to throw strikes, and Yuni STILL sees fit to go up there hacking at just about everything.

Exactly, it amazes me that he doesn't think of taking a pitch when the guy has missed 6 in a row.

Exactly, it amazes me that he doesn't think of taking a pitch when the guy has missed 6 in a row.

He took 1. And then swung at pitches that were impossible to hit.

Problem is, I can envision a scenario where Melvin brings him back next season. I can already see Doug's press release highlighting his smoke and mirrors stats like RBI and HR and neglecting his important stats such as OBP and OPS and defense.

Garcia didn't offer Yuni a single pitch he could hit. Only one was close to being a strike. Why is he hitting ahead of Gomez?
No, most were close to being strikes, it's just that he should've had better situational awareness and made him throw one down the pipe before swinging with less than two strikes.

Archived