Brewer Fanatic

2011-10-09 Cardinals (Garcia) at Brewers (Greinke) - 3:07 PM CDT [Brewers win, 9-6; lead NLCS 1-0]

http://www.ishouldhavebeenanastronaut.com/brewfan/2011/pitchers/nlcs/game1.jpg

Jaime Garcia

Garcia earned the Game 1 start with a quality effort -- seven innings, three runs -- despite a loss in Game 3 of the NL Division Series. He was 1-0 with a 1.93 ERA in two starts vs. the Brewers this year.

Brewers vs. Garcia
Garcia Game Log

Zack Greinke

Greinke was poised to enter Game 5 of the NLDS in the 11th inning, but the game never got that far. That's a big bonus for the Brewers, who won all 16 of his Miller Park starts, including NLDS Game 2.

Cardinals vs. Greinke
Greinke Game Log

Starting Lineups

1. SS Rafael Furcal
  2. CF Jon Jay
  3. 1B Albert Pujols
  4. RF Lance Berkman
  5. LF Matt Holliday
  6. C Yadier Molina
  7. 3B David Freese
  8. 2B Ryan Theriot
  9. LHP Jaime Garcia
  1. RF Corey Hart
  2. 3B Jerry Hairston Jr.
  3. LF Ryan Braun
  4. 1B Prince Fielder
  5. 2B Rickie Weeks
  6. SS Yuniesky Betancourt
  7. CF Carlos Gomez
  8. C Jonathan Lucroy
  9. RHP Zack Greinke

Media Coverage

http://www.ishouldhavebeenanastronaut.com/brewfan/2011/media/media-tbs.jpg

Brewerfan Game Chat

MLB GameDay | ESPN GameCast | 620 WTMJ Affiliates

Fan Sites

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Things that are not classy:

Driving under the influence

Spitting in an umpire's face

Hurling an obscenity at an opposing player - then denying it and letting the opposing player take the heat in the media for 3 days

Complaining about a stadium's lighting effects

You fogot going to give an opposing fan a game ball and then pulling it back last second.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzsG6zYHmgQ

Well, I got tix to the game, and am about to leave for milwaukee....hate the 3.5hr drive from EC, but so worth it. Also tickets were only 50 bucks....gogo stubhub! lol. This will be the first time in as long as i remember that i'll be missing the packers game on TV, and be forced to listen to the radio. At least i'll have wayne larivee and larry mcarren to soothe me!

The hawing party will hit the road in about an hour. 1-0 for Sunday, Brewers. Have fun, resist the mind games, and good luck.

Edit: Nice day for my brother to be a half hour late. :/ But it gives me a chance to post Save us, Zack Greinke.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Dear Zack,

This is why you're in Milwaukee. This is why we traded three good young players to

get you. You're the guy we want on the mound today.

Go get em,

Brewers fans

P.s. Please don't suck. Otherwise we'll have to hear that you cracked under pressure and that you're

The actual phony. We know that's not true.

Community Moderator

Here we go again. One day was definitely not enough of an emotional break from the NLDS. The Brewers are 4 wins away from World Series glory, or 4 losses away from watching the Classies get the last laugh.

If the Brewers win this series, it isn't going to be easy. Home field doesn't help much in the 2-3-2 format, the three game set in St. Louis is going to be extremely difficult.

And we can't let Alberta beat us.

Brewers centerfielder Carlos Gomez is swinging such a hot bat that manager Ron Roenicke has moved him up a notch to seventh in the batting order for Game 1 of the NLCS vs. St. Louis today.

Here are the lineups:

Brewers

RF Corey Hart

3B Jerry Hairston Jr.

LF Ryan Braun

1B Prince Fielder

2B Rickie Weeks

SS Yuniesky Betancourt

CF Carlos Gomez

C Jonathan Lucroy

RHP Zack Greinke

Cardinals

SS Rafael Furcal

CF John Jay

1B Prince Fielder

RF Lance Berkman

LF Matt Holliday

C Yadier Molina

3B David Freese

2B Ryan Theriot

LHP Jaime Garcia

Crap, Fielder is already playing for the Cards. I guess he is all time DH for the game.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

The Brewers have the pitching edge in this series. The Cards only have one really good pitcher, and he'll only throw twice--and not until Game 3. That plus homefield should give them the edge, but for some reason the fact that it's the Cardinals gives me a horrible feeling. I did not want this series at all. Oh well.

It's time to set the mojo for this series in game 1. Play hard, pitch well, limit the mistakes, and crush the Classies. MP is going to be loud and rocking, and my 2 and a half year old and I will be repeatedly yelling "GO BREWERS"....and she can yell loud!

I don't want to sound over dramatic, but today's game is really big for us. If we can't win with Ace #2 on the mound vs a very hittable Jaime, we'll be in trouble. We're sending out our struggling starter in game 2 and then face their ace in game 3.

Let's pound them.

Formerly Andersoc420

I don't want to sound over dramatic, but today's game is really big for us. If we can't win with Ace #2 on the mound vs a very hittable Jaime, we'll be in trouble. We're sending out our struggling starter in game 2 and then face their ace in game 3.

Let's pound them.

I think you are really underestimating Garcia. He is pretty good.

jj, you could buy the $2.99 mlb.TV companion package. It doesn't come with any blackout restrictions. Otherwise, I'm sure you could convince the local sports bar to switch at least one of the TVs off of football this afternoon.

I'm pumped for this game. It weirds me out a little bit though to hear BA call these games.

Archived