Brewer Fanatic

NLCS Predictions

jjfanec
I have a bad feeling that the Cards are going to win this series in five. The addition of Furcal has changed their team. Plus, Gallardo doesn't have a good career record vs. the Cards. The good news is that I'm usually wrong on these types of predictions.

Things are setting up to start a sports war between Wisconsin and Michigan:

Packers and Lions will meet at least twice, starting on Thanksgiving in Detroit, with the division lead on the line.

The football Badgers play a night game at Michigan St on October 22

There is an excellent chance the Badgers and Wolverines (or maybe the Spartans) will face off at the inaugural Big Ten Conference Championship Game

Badger hockey starts the season with series against N Michigan and Michigan Tech.

A Brewers-Tigers World Series is the only missing piece to this puzzle, and the can only happen if the Brewers beat the Cards, so

Brewers in 6.

Don't forget Bucks-Pistons.

I have a bad feeling that the Cards are going to win this series in five. The addition of Furcal has changed their team. Plus, Gallardo doesn't have a good career record vs. the Cards. The good news is that I'm usually wrong on these types of predictions.
Furcal? He had a decent .735 OPS as a Cardinal and made a boatload of errors (10 in 34 games). He has been fine but not a game changer. I think people here remember Furcal's games against us but he was not very good against other teams and was really bad in the first round

I have to go Cards in 7...heartbreak city. The Cards are a deeper hitting team with better defense. Their pitching staff has been on a roll...especially Carpenter and their bullpen has been shored up. I think the Brewers have issues with their starting pitching. Gallardo has never fared well against the Cards and it's my suspicion that Marcum is hurt. I expect Greinke to pitch well and even our lefties aren't bad matchups. Weeks ankle is really hurting us in the middle of the order and at some point our bad defense has to cost us a game. Sure hope I'm wrong.

Cardinals in 7.

TLR will sprinkle magic pixie dust on Furcal and Freese. I expect this series to be dramatic, glorious, thrilling and ultimately heartbreaking. If we pull this off, though, I think we win the whole thing.

WLLWLWL

I see brewers in 6. W L L W W W

Brewers get Bruce Banner angry dropping game 2 and 3 and the real beast mode comes out games 4-6

I hope like heck that since my first 3 games was correct that the last 3 are also correct

Brewers in 6, Greinke is a monster, wins a huge game 5 in STL to give the Crew the series lead and the Crew finishes the job against Carpenter on short rest in 6.

W L W L W W

Let's just hope. It's way too late to be awake, but that's what a huge win does. Brewers, make me stay up until 4 tomorrow.

Archived