Brewer Fanatic

Uecker's NLDS series-ending call and other game 5 audio/video

ilovebeer

I think that Cory was deferring to the fact that Bob is Bob, and at that point, Uecker would be the one that fans would want to hear.

I wonder what might have happened had the game gone on for a long time, though. Maybe Cory would have called the top half of innings with Bob calling the bottom halves. Or maybe Bob would have gone on a marathon and called everything. It's not like it would have been physically impossible.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

yeah, I'm looking for the postgame wrap up show. anyone?
As recently as mid-July, this page had audio links to pre- and post-game interviews and game highlights. Now it appears to only be pre-and post-game interviews. Anyone know why? After some of these recent exciting games, we purposedly didn't hustle back to the car, thinking we could catch the calls online later...but now there are still some epic games whose calls I've not heard.

My first thought was that there could be something extra proprietary about Postseason audio highlights, but the current display on the link above includes regular season game dates, still no highlights.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

So why was Bob calling the 10th anyway?

To answer my own question:

"I usually have the 10th and 11th innings, but I was downstairs in the clubhouse, ready to do interviews in the bottom of the 10th of NLDS Game 5 when [the Brewers] beat the Diamondbacks," Provus said. "So it was not until later that I heard Bob's call, and all I could think was, 'Thank goodness he had that call.' We all dream about having that big call, but you know what? Milwaukee and Wisconsin and baseball fans, they deserved that man to be on the mic for that moment. He nailed that call."

Archived