Brewer Fanatic

ticket sellers:

TURBO

Any chance all those trying to sell tickets here, can just post the price you want instead of all the ridiculous "send me an offer" nonsense?

I don't know what tickets are going for, but I do know that if the prices are posted, and I am comfortable paying that price, I'd be a lot more likely to purchase than if I have to send an offer, for fear of offending the seller if I am off the mark.

Just sayin'...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Yeah, the reason I did that before is because people went off on me when I posted a price. I agree that it's easier that way as well. Someone brought up that we aren't supposed to post prices above face value or something. I say fair market value is fine to post for postseason.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Yeah, the reason I did that before is because people went off on me when I posted a price. I agree that it's easier that way as well. Someone brought up that we aren't supposed to post prices above face value or something. I say fair market value is fine to post for postseason.

They are correct that all tickets are supposed to be at or below face value, but i think the post season is different.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

They are correct that all tickets are supposed to be at or below face value, but i think the post season is different.

Not sure why the postseason should be different. The rule doesn't have a postseason clause in it. It says you can't sell above face. Period.

If you want to scalp, there are plenty of places you can go do that. This isn't the place for it. If you have extra tickets and you want hard core fans to use them, put them up here, get your money back and be happy that the ticket's getting used. If you're looking for profit, use another medium.

tristarscoop]

Not sure why the postseason should be different. The rule doesn't have a postseason clause in it. It says you can't sell above face. Period.

If you want to scalp, there are plenty of places you can go do that. This isn't the place for it. If you have extra tickets and you want hard core fans to use them, put them up here, get your money back and be happy that the ticket's getting used. If you're looking for profit, use another medium.

Totally disagree, don't buy them then if you think its too much. If you're selling below Stubhub pricing you're doing people on this board a favor IMO

tristarscoop]
berniebrewer4life wrote:

I thought this was cleared up in the other post. People can sell at what ever price they want as long as they do it in private - hence why people say, "PM an offer". You can't make a post stating, "2 tickets, $x00" but you can respond to an offer (in private) stating, "i'd let these go for $x00". To quote Hawing, "Once a transaction leaves the Trading Post forum, we can't tell you what to do with it."

Yes, it would be nice to know a price going in, I agree. But I have no problem with the "make an offer" route. 5 minutes of research will give an idea of what ticket prices are like and you can form an offer pretty easily.

Now, that being said, the great thing about this board is that we generally have a "help a fellow Brewer fan out" type attitude here and I rarely see any pure price gouging. I like the option to be able to buy tickets from someone here - even well above face - if I can avoid the $15 in fees I might get from stub hub.
20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

If you want to scalp, there are plenty of places you can go do that.

This isn't the place for it. If you have extra tickets and you want hard

core fans to use them, put them up here, get your money back and be

happy that the ticket's getting used. If you're looking for profit, use

another medium.

This is why I don't post prices. I'm not saying he's wrong, but a lot of posters probably agree with him. And just like you don't want to offend people with an offer, neither do I with an asking price.

Maybe for each game we could start a thread where everyone who is looking for tickets can say "I'm looking for x number of tickets and this is how much I'm willing to pay". Then whoever has tickets for sale can send you a message saying "I have x number of tickets and this is what I want for them" and that'll all be in private. If you want 2 tickets but only want to pay $75 dollars for them, and I have 2 tickets but want $200, I'll know not to bother PMing you because we are so far off. But if your price is $20 off of my price, maybe we can work something out. Follow me?

If you want to scalp, there are plenty of places you can go do that.

This isn't the place for it. If you have extra tickets and you want hard

core fans to use them, put them up here, get your money back and be

happy that the ticket's getting used. If you're looking for profit, use

another medium.

This is why I don't post prices. I'm not saying he's wrong, but a lot of posters probably agree with him. And just like you don't want to offend people with an offer, neither do I with an asking price.

Maybe for each game we could start a thread where everyone who is looking for tickets can say "I'm looking for x number of tickets and this is how much I'm willing to pay". Then whoever has tickets for sale can send you a message saying "I have x number of tickets and this is what I want for them" and that'll all be in private. If you want 2 tickets but only want to pay $75 dollars for them, and I have 2 tickets but want $200, I'll know not to bother PMing you because we are so far off. But if your price is $20 off of my price, maybe we can work something out. Follow me?

I like this idea a lot.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

There are tons of times I look at the board for a quick glance to see who might have tickets before moving on to stub hub or Brewers.com. I assume others do this too. I'm not sure I'd take the time to post a want list and wait/hope for someone to reply. I think it's a fine idea, but if the problem is buyers and sellers not connecting, this might just rearrange the problem.

My vote is :sellers post a price if you know what you want and :buyers - don't be afraid to make an offer.

20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

Archived