Brewer Fanatic

Say Something Nice About the Cardinals Thread

Red Schoendienst.

I sent this e-mail to a Cards fan buddy, overly dramatic, yes but it's what I'm feeling right now...here's an excerpt...

Despite my deep affection for you as a great friend, I hate your favorite baseball team with every fiber of my being. It it the type of irrational hate that has caused humanity to start wars. I'm not proud of it, but I've never experienced anything like the Cards for bringing that out in me. They are a great, resilient team that I begrudgingly respect, but I wish nothing but pain on that mean spirited hypocritical jerk in the dugout whose personality has soaked into that franchise like some incurable disease. I'm sure we'll enjoy many a great time when this is over, but if we lose I will be physically and mentally unable to discuss the events of the series for the remainder of my inevitably shortened life. Love ya brother.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I realize you like bringing people back to earth but for one night can you just....not do that?
Nope, I am not a kneejerk poster and never will be.
Well you got that word half right any way.

So funny Homer (and true)! I wouldn't have seen the posts in question if you wouldn't have done a quote from his post (hint, hint). I love the ignore feature for those that are too "real" or "grounded" for a fandom type of website. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Something nice about the Cards? Their manager gave Jim Rome some comedic gold with his attempt at the ABC's while in his nightly state (drunken). Therefore, I only know him as Tony Alphabet nowadays http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

The Cardinals have an affinity for other teams old and/or bad players. They also have an affinity for playing them. I like that, provided they don't go all Rafael Furcal on us. More Patterson, less Furcal, please.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Driving through St. Louis is a nice reminder that I only have 6 more hours to go until I reach Milwaukee.

The St. Louis Zoo has a nice duck pond!

The Budweiser tour had some big horses.

It's not East St. Louis.

http://vvoice.vo.llnwd.net/e14//5766427.92.jpg

East St. Louis does have this going for it.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

This thread is making me laugh. Hate to be a party pooper, but I'll give an honest reply. The Cardinals made an amazing run to make the postseason. Chris Carpenter pitched amazing in Game 5 of the NLDS. Finally, hate me if you wish, but I like the Stan the Rally Squirrel phenomenon. It was a bad omen for the Phillies when a squirrel showed up on the field prior to game 5 in Philadelphia.

The Cardinals made an amazing run to make the postseason
The Braves had a historic collapse to allow the Cards into the post season. Don't forget on September 1st the Braves had the same record we did. We played poorly the last month but the Braves played even worse.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

The Cardinals still had to go 16-5 down the stretch, which is pretty impressive. Not to take anything away from the Braves spectacular collapse.

I know they played well but the Braves went 9-18 in September. They also went 3-9 over the last 4 series of the year including 0-5 over the last 5 games. The only thing keeping them from being a big story was the Red Sox epic collapse.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I live in Atlanta, I'm well aware of the Braves collapse. They scored 7 runs in those last 5 games. It was historically bad, and obviously the Cardinals couldn't have made the playoffs without it. But the Cardinals still deserve a ton of credit for closing the way they did. Yuck, that's two nice posts about the cardinals now.

The hell with nice:

"I think no one really likes Carpenter," Zack Greinke, Milwaukee's Game 1 starter, said Saturday.

"They think his presence, his attitude out there sometimes is like a phony attitude," Greinke said. "And then he yells at people. He just stares people down. And most pitchers don't do that."

Pujols on Morgan: "You wonder why he's been on three different ballclubs in the last year and a half, you know?"

Might want to get your facts correct, but I guess Albert is above that. It's Nyjer's third team in 2 and a half years.

Maybe he was thinking about a player a little closer to home - Lance Berkman - who's with his third different ballclub in the last year and a quarter. Wonder what Alberta thinks of Berkman? Hmmmm......

Note: Mods delete previous Post. Can't edit it with Apple & chrome so I am reposting.....

I am not always a fan of Morgan's antics but for a team with guys like Carpenter, Molina and LaRussa to continually imply the Brewers are classless really annoys me. The Molina picture above says it all about him, Carpenter is a guy who annoys even a fair amount of Cards fans, and LaRussa runs his mouth all the time.

Archived