Brewer Fanatic

Cards, Here we GO!

RobDeer 45
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is why I hate LaRussa. There is nothing in that quote to be upset about, but he needs to find something to take an affront to. I mean, all he said is "I think this is why some of my teammates have a problem with this guy." Greinke never really says he agrees, just what he thinks his teammates feel. Man I want to beat these guys.

"So I think the Brewers should take care of their players and their comments and not be concerned about other players' comments.

It's okay LaRussa, you don't have to follow your own rules. You're classy.

LaRussa is going to play his mind games. Hopefully this team figured this out and can ignore it, stay calm and not play too emotionally. I know we are a long way from the Yost/Turnbow game, but my biggest

concern is they get to caught up in the circus. Let them plunk people, but keep pitching Albert up and in. Let them complain about every little comment, but don't apologize. Let them complain about every little perceived slight and conspiracy, but just keep playing your game.

I don't care if the Cardinals win the series, just don't let TLR beat you.

I just think it is hilarious that Tony L once again used the word "classy" to criticize a Brewer

Last night when Carpenters jersey was ripped in the celebration I thought maybe Tony's head was going to explode. Also, Furcal actually untucked his jersey in the postgame interview... wow (and he wasn't even fined by the Cardinals brass for such a move...)

Hold on, Brewers fans, its gonna be a wild ride!

"I like how they play the game. I think their manager is really smart. I like how their players play. They play the game good."

That's what Greinke said in the same press conference before the negative comments. And even the negative comments weren't meant to be offensive toward Carpenter.

The fireworks have begun according to jsonline, Grienke said something about Carpenter and Tony didn't like it, i tried to post what he had to say but it didn't work

For the lazy:

"I don't know," Greinke said. "They think his presence, his attitude

out there sometimes is like a phony attitude. But ... and then he yells

at people. He just stares people down and stuff. And most pitchers just

don't do that.

"And when guys do, I guess some hitters get mad. Some hitters do it

to pitchers. But when you do that some people will get [mad]. There's

other pitchers in the league that do it, but I don't know, a lot of guys

on our team don't like Carpenter."

So Greinke said some guys on the team don't like Carpenter. I think the whole league already knows that. This is a non-issue, except that it means the Cards will probably resort to the beanball.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived