Brewer Fanatic

Cards, Here we GO!

RobDeer 45
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One thing not mentioned that I wouldn't mind some comments on. It's really cool that none of the East teams from either league are in the "final four". Anyone know the last time that has happened?

2005 Chisox, Angels & Astros/Cardinals

For me, it's a successful season. Not that I'm complacent. But the prospects we gave up is well worth the ride we are on. And more importantly long term, we are going to be able to win more games in the future than our talent suggests given this experience. Meaning, hypothetically, if we lose Fielder and KROD and return everyone else while adding nobody, I still think this experience will give us a great shot at playoffs and beyond next year.

I'm amped to be playing the Cardinals in the NLCS. It's going to be tense, no doubt, but going through them will be so much sweeter. Do you think for the Red Soxs, winning their first World Series in forever, wasn't all that much sweeter that they took down the Yankees to do it? Give me the emotion, give me the passion, I'm ready to start this thing tomorrow! I'm not going to talk about how I'll feel if they lose, right now I'm planning on winning!

I don't really fear the Cards. Their lineup is much better than Arizona, but to me, their starting pitchers are OK, but not great. I think the Brewers can knock any one of those guys around in a given game. The bullpen has been pretty sketchy as well. At any rate, it's a no-brainer to prefer playing them as opposed to seeing Halladay, Lee and Hamels at least 5 times in a 7 game series, not even considering Oswalt, Worley and a much better pen. The Phillies also have a ton of legit left handed hitters, and Hunter Pence who has killed the Brewers over his career. I'll take my chances with the Cardinals any day.

I don't really fear the Cards. Their lineup is much better than Arizona, but to me, their starting pitchers are OK, but not great. I think the Brewers can knock any one of those guys around in a given game. The bullpen has been pretty sketchy as well. At any rate, it's a no-brainer to prefer playing them as opposed to seeing Halladay, Lee and Hamels at least 5 times in a 7 game series, not even considering Oswalt, Worley and a much better pen. The Phillies also have a ton of legit left handed hitters, and Hunter Pence who has killed the Brewers over his career. I'll take my chances with the Cardinals any day.

That's the rational way of looking at it. The irrational way is that losing to them would make me want to throw something very valuable into the wall, whereas losing to the Phillies would hurt but not be the end of the world.

Did anyone else watch the interview with LaRussa last night. I think he *already* dropped a little dig at the Brewers. He was talking about how his players had 'character' and that didn't mean they were 'silly, funny' guys but strong character guys with respect, blah blah.

I may actually reach through my TV during this series and try to smack him.

Not surprising, but 99% of ESPN's covg is Cards/Phils. And oh yea, Brewers win on Morgan walk-off.

It was really just because that game was more recent. There was a boatload of coverage of the Brewers during the Cardinals game already. I'm sure that the Phillies will get top billing in the morning shows but they'll talk plenty about both games. I mean Arizona had like 2 fans at this game and couldn't sell out their own playoff games, compare that to the Phillies losing when they were expected to win it all.

The Cardinals offense does not have many easy outs in it, but I agree the pitching staff is very hittable. Carpenter wont go until game 3. We get Garcia, Jackson, then Carp and then Lohse. I like our chances in getting at least two of those. If we stay patient at the plate we can get runs off guys like Garcia and Jackson. Garcia has pitched well against in the past but he is hittable. We did well against Jackson this year and did pretty well against Carp.

Pujols and Holliday scare me a lot. They always seem to get hits against us as does Furcal. Furcal had an OBP of .227 in the first round but something tells me it will be around .400 against the Crew if the regular season was any indication. We played a very good hitting team in the first round and found a way to win, so here's to doing it again.

I cant wait for this series to start. Win the first one and I feel really good about our chances.

I've had more time to think about this and I'm just very happy to have watched the Brewers win the NLDS given how improbable that has seemed for the 25 or so years I've been a conscious Brewer fan. The Cardinals deserve to be here, and they've been great for the last month. Losing to them would hurt of course, but the Brewers deserve to be here too and I'm hoping I'll just be able to enjoy that about this series. I think the 2 right teams from the NL have made it. How great is it that one is the Brewers!?
You may run like Mays...

MLB network is doing lots of good stuff...probably 50/50 cards/brewers coverage

DVR'ed MLB Network's coverage of the Division Series. Dan Plesac was going crazy. He is such a homer. I love it.

As far as the Crew vs. the Cards, there is bad blood between both teams. Don't think for a moment that the Cards have forgotten about this Tweet from T-Plush.

http://twitter.com/#!/TheRealTPlush/status/111638678148882432

Where still n 1st and I hope those crying birds injoy watching tha Crew in tha

Playoffs!!! Aaaaahhhhh!!!

MLB network is doing lots of good stuff...probably 50/50 cards/brewers coverage

DVR'ed MLB Network's coverage of the Division Series. Dan Plesac was going crazy. He is such a homer. I love it.

As far as the Crew vs. the Cards, there is bad blood between both teams. Don't think for a moment that the Cards have forgotten about this Tweet from T-Plush.

http://twitter.com/#!/TheRealTPlush/status/111638678148882432

Where still n 1st and I hope those crying birds injoy watching tha Crew in tha

Playoffs!!! Aaaaahhhhh!!!

Yeah that Morgan comment is the main thing that scares me about this series. Because if we lose, that will be thrown in our face big time and we won't hear the end of it.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

When Greinke's comments were relayed to La Russa, the Cardinals manager said: "It's very disappointing that Greinke would say that. I've always thought he was high-character type, a classy guy.

"That's a bad comment to make unless you know Chris Carpenter. Our attitude is we look at ourselves and we grade ourselves. Even if we don't like what's happening on the other side, it's not our business unless somebody crosses the line.

"So I think the Brewers should take care of their players and their comments and not be concerned about other players' comments. If they had Chris Carpenter, they would be cheering for him and believing in him and they would not be allowing somebody who was a teammate to make a crack like that.

"But Greinke's not his teammate, so I'm disappointed. If you knew him, none of that stuff is true. He doesn't give (expletive) .... and he doesn't take it. That's the way it's supposed to be."

Response to this:

Archived