Brewer Fanatic

Cards, Here we GO!

RobDeer 45

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's the thing that scares me the most with this matchup. I definitely think we have a better shot of beating the Cardinals than the Phillies, especially with home field. But losing to the Cardinals would hurt much, much more than losing to the Phillies.

I'd rather face the weaker team and that is the Cardinals, especially when we have home field. Couldn't imagine a better result for this series. Still something like a 55% vs 45% series at best so can easily go either way but that is the playoffs.

The Brewers have the better team so long as RR follows one simple rule. DON"T PITCH TO ALBERT!!!!

Our starting rotation is better and our bullpen is better (maybe only marginally better). If Rickie can step up I will feel really good.

Losing to the Cards in the NLCS might ruin the whole season for me; considering what transpired between the teams over the course of the year

When you buy your ticket, you have to be prepared to ride the ride! This is awesome! I won't waste time worrying about hating the Cardinals, I'm too busy rooting for the Brewers! The door is open to keep the home field and keep winning, which is the best any of us could hope for. If the Brewers don't beat 'em, then the Cardinals will have earned it...so be it.

GO BREWERS!

Agreed, losing to them would be the worst thing ever. That being said, home field and the joy of beating them would be such a great feeling. Man this will be a battle. I don't think anyone likes the Cards outside of St Louis. Everyone here in Cincy says, "I don't care what happens, as long as the Cards don't win!" They are on our side, which is fun.

The Brewers have the better team so long as RR follows one simple rule. DON"T PITCH TO ALBERT!!!!

Our starting rotation is better and our bullpen is better (maybe only marginally better). If Rickie can step up I will feel really good.

Losing to the Cards in the NLCS might ruin the whole season for me; considering what transpired between the teams over the course of the year

EDIT: Our starting rotation is better so long as Marcum and Wolf don't crap the bed again

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

If we had played and lost to the Phillies, I'd have been disappointed, but happy with the successful season and exciting playoffs.

If we lose to the Cardinals, I may well be inconsolable for several weeks, and may need medication to get get out of the deep depression that is sure to follow.

Losing to STL would not be the worst thing ever. 2002 would disagree.

Been a Brewer fan since I discovered baseball in 1976. Being in the LCS is only awesome. Win or lose and regardless who we play.

If we had played and lost to the Phillies, I'd have been disappointed, but happy with the successful season and exciting playoffs.

If we lose to the Cardinals, I may well be inconsolable for several weeks, and may need medication to get get out of the deep depression that is sure to follow.

I think I would be more disappointed that you about losing to the Phillies, but losing to the Cards would be intolerable. Words cannot describe how bad that would be, even including the words not allowed here.

I still have 29 years of lingering hate for the Cardinals ruining 82. Not now. Not this year.

WIN IT ALL!

Just gotta win the first 2. Try to steal one in St. Louis if they can, but at least give themselves a chance to come back home and take the series.

Losing to the Cards would be bad, but letting them win the pennant on our home turf would be worse. If they are going to win, I'd rather have them do it in StL.

We haven't even started playing the series and we're talking about how bad it would be to lose. I won't say that I wouldn't be disappointed to lose, but we could have lost tonight to the DBacks, and we won, and we could have lost homefield advantage playing the Pirates at the end of the season, and instead we won.

Losing is losing no matter what team beats you. It must be different for those of you who experienced 1982, because right now I'm pretty happy to not have to face the Phillies.

Archived