Brewer Fanatic

Apologize to Yuni Thread

RockCoCougars
I thought about reviving the 'What Does Yuni Betancourt Bring to the Team' thread, but I feel this is a separate topic. Yuni delivered one of the biggest hits in franchise history and was money in the field today. He left it all on the field. Just wanted to give some of the haters the opportunity to bow down and apologize. Line up, boys.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I will not apologize to Yuni for him stinking for most of the regular season. But I will (as I & many others have already), however, celebrate what a great role he played in this NLDS win!
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Yeah I don't root for any of the Brewers to fail. It's great that he had a big hit.

Let's be honest though, he almost gave it right back and cost our team the season after taking Blanco's roller up the middle to 2nd instead of throwing out one of the slowest runners in the league at 1st. Just Yuni being Yuni I guess.

Dear Yuni,

I'm sorry for what I said earlier that you were my favorite Brewer when there were two outs and I had to pee.

I promise to hold it , regardless of how long your at bat takes.

Thanks for being so clutch tonight.

Your BFF,

Jim

Cut him now and start Hairston at SS. Good job YunE don't let the door hit you on the way out. Overall he still costs us more than his sporadic bloopers help us. For every blooper there are several "hits" that are outs with a halfway competent defensive SS.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Cut him now and start Hairston at SS. Good job YunE don't let the door hit you on the way out. Overall he still costs us more than his sporadic bloopers help us. For every blooper there are several "hits" that are outs with a halfway competent defensive SS.
Holy crud Debbie Downer

http://images.yuku.com.s3.amazonaws.com/image/png/96a1569f867e3bc68419d8efb886ae4ff2ebcc9_t.jpg

I don't know that an apology is necessary. Critiquing real statistics isn't something to apologize for. I, however, give him major kudos for delivering some big hits and even more for completely selling out for the 3rd out in the 8th. That's the kind of play that makes me proud, because it just pure determination.

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

Most playoffs come down to scrubs having big games it feels like, no apology needed. I haven't looked at the stats but my guess is he was a bit better than expected, I think playing on a winning team kept him more motivated.

I've been pulling for Yuni all year. The more people heaped coals on his head, the more I hoped he would come through. He could hit 6 home runs and play A+ defense in the NLCS and certain people would not give him props because they have to save face due to their criticism of him all season.

I've been pulling for Yuni all year. The more people heaped coals on his head, the more I hoped he would come through. He could hit 6 home runs and play A+ defense in the NLCS and certain people would not give him props because they have to save face due to their criticism of him all season.

Or because they would judge his season and not just one series...

I mean what do you want people to say, he was one of the weaker regular SS in baseball all season as expected, he can get hot at the right time and it doesn't mean any criticism is wrong somehow. Nobody wants to see him fail, everyone hopes he hits a HR every single time he comes to the plate, I just don't get where this kind of comment even comes from.

Yuni,

You can't read English so I trust you won't be reading this. You are the worst player in the national league, you pop out to the infield more than the worst little leaguer in history.

However, you done good este noche kid.

Archived