Brewer Fanatic

NLCS Pitching and Gametimes (rotation discussion here)

razzzorsharp
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This really shouldn't be a surprise but it still is. The packers are being moved to 94.5 on Sunday to make way for the Brewers game. Always nice to see the Brewers get top billing.
Wouldn't it really just be pre-game that is being moved? There should be plenty of time for them to wrap up the Brewers broadcast before a 7:20 kickoff.

Anyone know if the Sunday game is going to be at 3:05 regardless of if there is an ALCS game 7 that night? Just wondering if that would be changed to a 7:05 start time.
Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

Anyone know if the Sunday game is going to be at 3:05 regardless of if there is an ALCS game 7 that night? Just wondering if that would be changed to a 7:05 start time.
I don't know the answer for sure but we were trying to set our fall ball schedules for that day and the other person I work with in setting up the league suggested the game might be at 7, so I think there is a chance it can be changed.

I think the time is still TBD. I believe it would be at 3PM if there is an ALCS Game #7 and 7 if the ALCS finishes on Saturday.

The bigger question is can we really trust Marcum in Game #6 (Especially if we were to lose Game #5). I don't want to be in RR's position if he has to make that decision in a do or die game.

I think the time is still TBD. I believe it would be at 3PM if there is an ALCS Game #7 and 7 if the ALCS finishes on Saturday.

The bigger question is can we really trust Marcum in Game #6 (Especially if we were to lose Game #5). I don't want to be in RR's position if he has to make that decision in a do or die game.

We can certainly trust him as much as we trusted Wolf tonight and that worked out.

No, I think you stick with Greinke and go for the win tomorrow. If we win, that allows us to feel a little better throwing Marcum out there in Game 6. If we lose Game 5, I think we should just go with Yo in Game 6 and Wolf in Game 7. Marcum can be available in relief both games.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Now that we are Tied do you push Zac back a day to Saturday.

Saturday is an off day so I doubt it. I think you have to go with your 3 best starters the next 3 games and that is marcum, greinke and gallardo even if not all games are on full rest.

I think Garcia is going to come out sharp, so I hope this is laser-beam Greinke & not misfire Greinke. The Brewers can win this next game. La Russa will seemingly go to his bullpen in the 3rd inning, so if they can make him sweat over Garcia, a lot of runs are out there. Maybe some relieves are tiring, or the hitters have seen enough of them that they can attack.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

In all honesty it would be hard to not pitch Wolf if there is a game 7. He would be on 3 days rest but after today's game and his very solid career numbers vs the cards, I dunno. I just cannot imagine tossing Marcum back out there, especially in a game 7. Greinke has game 5. I match Yo vs Carp once again for game 6. Then Wolf if needed for game 7.

oh how I hope that Texas finishes the ALCS off on Saturday. The guys and I are heading to Laughlin on Sunday for football, parlays, and cards. I really don't want to leave after the early NFL games to make sure I get home for first pitch. And I REALLY, REALLY don't want to try to fight to find a TV that has the game on during the NFL games.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Marcum to start game 6. Link

I'm guessing Wolf's start must have convinced Roenicke to give Marcum another shot. He better be quick with the trigger if he struggles.

Yeah, hopefully Wolf or Narveson will be waiting in the wings to step in if he struggles early.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Archived