Brewer Fanatic

NLCS Pitching and Gametimes (rotation discussion here)

razzzorsharp

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Further detail:

Sunday - 3PM (Grienke)

Monday - 7 PM (Marcum)

Wednesday - 7PM (Gallardo)

Thursday - 7PM (Wolf)

Friday - 7PM (Grienke)

Sunday - 3PM (Marcum)

Monday - 7 PM (Gallardo)

Not exactly sure on times but I believe only the Sunday games are early

Slightly off topic: does anyone know if you can change your 25 man roster from series to series, or is it the same 25 guys (barring injury ofc) you went into the division series with?

I'm fairly certain that you can change the 25 from one series to the next, but I don't have a rules citation or link.

Has it been announced? My guess...

Oct 9th - Greinke

Oct 10th - Marcum

Oct 12th - Gallardo

Oct 13th - Wolf

Oct 14th - Greinke

Oct 16th - Marcum (Gallardo if they are behind 3-2)

Oct 17th - Gallardo (Marcum if Gallardo pitches previous game)

If they are behind 3-2, why flip-flop Marcum and Gallardo for the last 2 games? They would have to win both game, so it really doesn't make much sense to have Gallardo go on short rest there.

That would be my guess as well, but I would go a different direction:

Greinke

Wolf

Gallardo

Narveson

Greinke

Wolf (same...move Yo up if behind)

Gallardo

Marcum has been outstanding this season and we wouldn't be here without him, but he seems either hurt or worn out at this point in the season. His velocity is down and his control is off. I think lefties are decent matchups versus the Cards. If Wolf can solve that first inning issue he can keep us in the game. I'd go with Narv too for much of the same reason. Marcum can slip into that long relief role. He won't be happy, but I certainly wouldn't put him out there without a thorough once over from Dr. Raasch.

If we just win all our home games...that's all it will take.

I'm not sure how Roenicke will lean between Marcum and Wolf. There is the fact that Marcum has been horrible at home, and Wolf has been pretty much even home/road. Wouldn't surprise me if he gets the Game 2 start at home and Marcum takes Game 4 on the road, but we'll see.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

"DANCE WITH WHO BRUNG YA!"

Fans seems to be putting too much emphasis on the home/road split thingy.

Teams should use their best players in the postseason.

Marcum has been one of our best pitchers ALL season long. We gave up a future hall-of-famer to get him for this very reason.

Marcum should get the ball for Game 2 of the NLCS.

Would it make sense to throw Wolf out there vs Carpenter? I've been thinking about this a lot. I think it depends what happens in the first two games, but i almost wouldn't want to "waste' Yo vs Gallardo in Game 3. I think you want to maximize the chances of winning 1 game in St. Louis. And since baseball often doesn't go according to plan, it's not like you're giving up a game by pitching Wolf vs Carpenter. Who knows, maybe you pull off the that win, and now you have Yo coming back the next day.

I think Greinke/ Marcum to start things off is the way to go. But game 3? Just not sure.

Too lazy to look it up, but doesn't Gallardo have some pretty bad numbers against the Cardinals for his career?

1-7 with a 5.66 ERA

Their BA against him is only .234, but he's given up 13 HR in 11 starts vs. STL

Fans seems to be putting too much emphasis on the home/road split thingy.

Or, you know, the manager, who based Greinke's & Marcum's starts last series on home/road splits.

And neither Greinke or Marcum pitched well in the NLDS.

Bottom line, you go with your BEST..... it's the playoffs!

Archived