Brewer Fanatic

God Bless Carlos Gomez and Nyjer Morgan....BREWERS WIN!!!!

splitterpfj

Yuni was a man out there. Handled every ball hit to him flawlessly in the ultimate pressure cooker of a game. Stopped momentum from Young's catch with huge hit. Yes that's the same Yuni everyone was trying to run out of town from the day he arrived.

Even Yuni's diving stop of the Roberts single early in the game was a really nice play. He had a very solid game.

Also, CARLOS --> T-PLUSH --> TIC-TAC-TOE-PLAYING CHICKEN --> VICTORY!!!!!!

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Yuni was a man out there. Handled every ball hit to him flawlessly in the ultimate pressure cooker of a game. Stopped momentum from Young's catch with huge hit. Yes that's the same Yuni everyone was trying to run out of town from the day he arrived.

It is funny how that works.

Yuni is still pretty maddening, but he definitely came up big today.

Perfect thread for this comment: With Gomez at second and Morgan at bat, the first thing I thought of was that game Morgan hit the walk-off and "didn't know" that it was the 9th. On that occassion, Gomez was the first man out of the dugout to mob and congratulate Morgan. It stood out as impressive that someone competing for the same job as the other would be so enthusiastic for his success. No animosity or grudges between the two. And months later, in this moment, one was in position to drive in the other for a walk-off win in a playoff elimination game. It just felt right.
"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

Yo is the forgotten man. 1 run in 6 innings set the stage for all the heroics later. He's my MVP for the series. Games 1 and 5, got the job done.
Yo was great but I have to give it to Braun. All he did was sport an OPS 1.460. He got on base 12 of the 21 times he got to the plate. Not to mention cutting the run down in the first game of the series. Yo was really good as well but Braun gets my vote

WOW, still don't know how to handle this. My wife was worried about me as well. She said, "I've never seen you like this before." And this is a guy who could barely handle last years NFC championship and Super Bowl. This was way worse!!!

I seriously love how Gomez has accepted his role and really been a key cog for us. Kudos!

Big ups to T-Plush! I do agree that Yo was a bulldog tonight. He threw a lot of pitches but did not give in at all. He was a beast. And yes, Lucroy was an unreal wall. He needs an ice bath!

i'm slowly recovering from my 67,000 heart attacks...

my wife told me that she was sa she was going to have to watch me go through that again!

Man that's how i felt watching the game. Drained. An hours long

emotional roller coaster full of pretty much non-stop tension, dread,

anger, and excitement.

It got so bad that i had a hard time eating around the sixth inning from nerves killing my stomach and inciting my acid reflux. By the time Axford got out of the 9th inning i called my buddy and canceled our plans to go out for my birthday, win or lose. I knew i'd need to just decompress for awhile either way and thus i went out to eat instead.

Today's game though is such a prime example of why i'm so glad to be a sports fans. Some people have told me i take sports to heart to much, but i always respond by saying it's them who are missing out. Few if any type of entertainment can provide the same kind of emotional roller coaster like that game did. Non-stop tension via so many innings with multiple runners on base, every pitch feeling huge. Dread anytime Arizona got guys on base. Absolute gut punch when Young made that catch. The emotional torture of watching K-Rod in the 8th, then huge excitement when he got out of it. Wow that inning was intense. This gets followed so soon after by Axford blowing his first save since April and dreading Arizona would take the lead to end the season. Two straight long innings where each pitch by K-Rod/Axford felt almost like a late game 4th and goal situation for the Packers in the playoffs. Finally the game winning hit had me both going crazy and allowing me the breathe normal again.

What a ride that game was and man am i glad it's our side who won because as crazy intense that game was, it would have taken me some time to shake it off had they lost, as i'm sure Arizona fans were/are now still feeling to lose a game like that, especially with two late game chances to pretty much win it with one hit.

Archived