Brewer Fanatic

Has the T Plush persona "jumped the shark"?

JET15
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But for some reason the media, who have paid next to NO attention to the Brewers this year or in the postseason, have latched onto the alter ego.
To me, this is exactly what's going on, especially now that the national media is present every day. The way Sam Ryan chases him is obnoxious. Let Tony Plush appear naturally when he wants to appear, and things are fine.

For this series, I'd be cool if he became Tony Hush. Because we know and understand that persona too, we won't feel like we're missing out on anything.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Sam Ryan stuck a microphone in the face of one of the most notoriously excitable people in pro sports, while he was in the middle of celebrating the biggest moment of his career and clearly had no idea where he was, let alone what he was saying. Hilarity ensued, and the FCC is now going to have to consider fining reporters based on stupidity. Nyjer Morgan can marry my daughter, as long as it's okay with her and he doesn't mind waiting until I let her start dating at 40 (she turns five this week).

The f-bombs were the result of what Sam Ryan did. The s-bomb on FS-WI was on Nyjer. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif That one happened during an interview.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Sam Ryan stuck a microphone in the face of one of the most notoriously excitable people in pro sports, while he was in the middle of celebrating the biggest moment of his career and clearly had no idea where he was, let alone what he was saying. Hilarity ensued, and the FCC is now going to have to consider fining reporters based on stupidity. Nyjer Morgan can marry my daughter, as long as it's okay with her and he doesn't mind waiting until I let her start dating at 40 (she turns five this week).
Great post. For more than one reason.

I would just like to point out that the video linked in the opening post was clearly heavily cut to the parts where Nyjer was laughing and showing off the beast mode, etc etc, losing all of the actual talking in the interview. Of course he's going to seem like a bigger spaz than normal when someone does a stupid thing like that.

He is not a very good outfielder. He missed two very catchable balls in that big inning. I think Gomez makes them both. He did the same in the Arizona series. Not a big fan of his defense in center.

I think it's a stretch to say they were "very catchable." If that was the case he would have been given errors. Morgan has been solid defensively all season. Not on Gomez's level, but not many are.

I don't see how ya can blame a guy for having fun on the field. He fully admits to being over the top. I have an appreciation for is antics. He has a specific role on the team. he's a pressure vent. He makes guys laugh and see that they are better at their job if they are kinda loose. He adds to the team's makeup.
-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

I watched a clip of the walkoff play that also had Nyjer swearing on it. The clip was 1:41 long. Sam Ryan had that mic in his face less than a minute after the game ended - that's just asking for trouble, no matter who the player is.
I don't see Braun of Fielder or Hairston or Hart or Weeks or ... screaming f-bombs in that situation. Take away the 10th inning hit against the Dbacks and Morgan has had a really crappy postseason.

OMG! Don't ever interview a guy with a game winning hit again because he may swear!

That's not a sticking point with you guys is it? Swearing? If it is, don't ever hang out with me on a bad day or if I've had a few. Swearing has no shock value anymore. No biggie.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

I read something earlier this year on ESPN.com by one of Morgan's ex-GMs, that pretty much said he is a one year player. He is great if the going is good, but he tends to wear out his welcome. Taken with a grain of salt that his former teams are the Nats and Pirates, and the going was rarely good; I can see his point. I like his schtick, and love his energy, but could see how it could start to drain team mates. He will live on positively in Milwaukee forever for his contributions, but I'll be curious to see how long he actually stays here.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Jumping the shark may not be classy, but its a Milwaukee thing. And since the Brewers are in the playoffs, these are Happy Days.... AYYYYYYYY!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_nIBfM-fEYb4/TT4Dm6irnDI/AAAAAAAAAns/vYg803nkDgc/s1600/what-would-fonzie-do.jpg

OMG! Don't ever interview a guy with a game winning hit again because he may swear!

That's not a sticking point with you guys is it? Swearing? If it is, don't ever hang out with me on a bad day or if I've had a few. Swearing has no shock value anymore. No biggie.

Fine, but I hope when you are in public you take into account the people that are around you before dropping F-Bombs. Not sure if you have kids or not jamie, but it can be quite annoying when you have smaller children and someone near you is loud and has the vocabulary of a drunken sailor and does not know how to censor them selves. Also, I think talking in that manner around elderly people is disrespectful. The fact that swearing has no shock value any more is a sad comment on our society.....maybe the movie Idiocracy is not that far fetched.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Jumping the shark may not be classy, but its a Milwaukee thing. And since the Brewers are in the playoffs, these are Happy Days.... AYYYYYYYY!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_nIBfM-fEYb4/TT4Dm6irnDI/AAAAAAAAAns/vYg803nkDgc/s1600/what-would-fonzie-do.jpg

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT99Hv6tzegrkbtigwcbduxEN5Ucvowe7M1I9Xu28mILFnw1Z_o

Fonzie be praised

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

He is not a very good outfielder. He missed two very catchable balls in that big inning. I think Gomez makes them both. He did the same in the Arizona series. Not a big fan of his defense in center.

I think it's a stretch to say they were "very catchable." If that was the case he would have been given errors. Morgan has been solid defensively all season. Not on Gomez's level, but not many are.

I didn't say they were "routine" just very catchable. He's consistently gotten bad breaks on the ball. You proved my point by saying he's not to Gomez's level......he isn't hitting so get him out of there. Gomez brings much more to the table right now. We need all the defense we can get at this point.

http://www.knbr.com/porta...ac/101111nyjermorgan.mp3

Not sure if anyone has heard this, but it's T-Plush on KNBR. They are the Giants affiliate. Pretty much kept cursing, probably didn't realize he couldn't lo, until they said something, then he left the interview. The interview was good stuff though. Classic Nyjer.

Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Archived