Brewer Fanatic

2011-10-07 Diamondbacks (Kennedy) at Brewers (Gallardo) - Brewers win, 3-2 in 10 innings; win NLDS

I don't like their team. I don't like their manager. I don't like their fans.
Hopefully the language in this quote isn't strike-worthy, but your post reminded me of the Malibu cop in Big Lebowski:

"I don't like your jerk-off name. I don't like your jerk-off face. I don't like your jerk-off behavior, and I don't like you, jerk-off."

Yeah, that's pretty mush the way I feel about St. Louis. That, and I feel the same way about the Cardinals as the Dude feels about the Eagles.

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Community Moderator
I think someday, 10 years from now, when we look back on this game, we might forget how close the Brewers were to losing this game. The D'backs had almost a 3/4 chance of winning after that bunt in the 9th. K-Rod was in a huge mess in the 8th. There were no guarantees.

What a game!!!! I am so glad I was there as this is a game I will never forget! The bleachers when Plush got the game winning hit were bedlam! High fives, screaming, hugging strangers.... what an atmosphere that I will cherish forever! Go Crew, pound the Cards, were not done yet!!

I was unbelievably disappointed that I had to miss the majority of this game due to work. Luckily, I was able to at least catch the last few innings and listen to Uecker's call live. I feel good for a lot of the guys on the team, but I don't know if I feel better for anyone but Ueck. He deserved at least one more deep postseason run behind the mic, and he's finally getting it.

Still work to do, but this is definitely sweet right now.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Prince on with bob

Please let us know what he said, since I'm down here in Texas and can't listen. Did anyone else notice how emotional he seemed? I know he's gone after this season but hopefully he continues to remember how much his teammates and this franchise mean to him. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I don't know if you caught it, but immediately after the game, Sam Ryan of TBS started to interview Prince. He walked away almost immediately, & it was clear it was because he'd been (or still was) crying & was way too emotional to give an interview. Crazy moment.

Also, to whoever it was that asked, yes -- it was Wolf who tackled Morgan after the game.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Holy 45 page thread batman!

The game was absolutely electric. A few random tidbits/thoughts from being at the game.

-The ushers actually were asking people to sit down early in the game. I calmly explained that the 5 rows of other people standing and waving rally towels in front of me prohibited me from seeing, thus I was standing up. The usher seemed fairly indifferent to having to ask people to sit down and said that he only was required to do it once. I told him at that point: "I will make my best efforts to sit down, but as soon as this guy in front of me stands up and waves his rally towel so I can't see, I will be standing up." Point was taken, no harm done.

-Ian Kennedy had an insane ball to strike ratio for a while there.

-The mystery of Yuniesky Betancourt continues. Good to see him contribute, though.

-In my mind I called the blown save because last night during the Tigers game it was pointed out there had not been any blown saves in the first round of the playoffs.

-Is there something wrong with Hawkins? Between leaving Yo out to pasture in the 6th inning, using Saito in the 7th, and considering using Greinke in the 11th, it makes me think something might be wrong with Hawk. Just a hunch, though.

-Carlos Gomez's speed is invaluable. I knew if Morgan got any type of base hit Carlos would score.

Having home field advantage is awesome. Being able to eliminate the Cardinals would be even more awesome. Just a great, great night!

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

-Carlos Gomez's speed is invaluable. I knew if Morgan got any type of base hit Carlos would score.
Apparently speed does kill. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I'm not going to lie. I had my head down for parts of the Arizona halves of the 8th and 9th. Success felt rather unlikely right at that time. Gah. Plus everyone in front of me was either taller, had their towels in the air all the time, or both. There was a lot of home plate action I really didn't see throughout the course of the game. This is not to say that I couldn't tell what was going on.

I don't know what else to say yet. Sweet jebus, the Brewers advanced to the NLCS. Good on you, home team.

(Also, MP must have received quite a deal on blue and gold confetti.)

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

-Is there something wrong with Hawkins? Between leaving Yo out to pasture in the 6th inning, using Saito in the 7th, and considering using Greinke in the 11th, it makes me think something might be wrong with Hawk. Just a hunch, though.

Well it's obvious there is something that the coaches are seeing in bullpen sessions that make them think Hawkins is not one of our top relievers. That said, Saito, KRod, Axford, Gallardo at a high pitch count, Greinke on short rest are obviously in a tier by themselves above Hawkins, Loe, others, and in an elimination game I thought we put our best pitching option out there at every point in the game. If Greinke had come up to pitch, I think he would have given us the best chance to win, because he's a better pitcher than Hawkins, can give us multiple innings, and can probably hit for himself.

I tried to log in on my iPad. Turns out it was an etch-a-sketch and I don't own an iPad. Also, I'm out of vodka.

My favorite fan moment of the gamecame in the 7th with Saito pitching. We go a crowd shot of behind the Brewers dugout, and one single fan was standing and cheering, then looked around and noticed he was the only one, and sheepishly sat down.

That fan was Mark A. I love having an owner that passionate about the Brewers.

I don't know if you caught it, but immediately after the game, Sam Ryan of TBS started to interview Prince. He walked away almost immediately, & it was clear it was because he'd been (or still was) crying & was way too emotional to give an interview. Crazy moment.

I noticed that too. Did you hear what Prince said to her? "I gotta go. I gotta go..."

pretty cool pictures indeed. Too bad I can't save any of them--I'll have to look elsewhere.

I can click and drag them to a folder using windows 7 and they save that way. Some really cool pictures

Right-clicking on them and choosing "Save Image As…" (or your browser's equivalent) should work.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

pretty cool pictures indeed. Too bad I can't save any of them--I'll have to look elsewhere.

I can click and drag them to a folder using windows 7 and they save that way. Some really cool pictures

Right-clicking on them and choosing "Save Image As…" (or your browser's equivalent) should work.
Right-clicking in Firefox, using an iMac, brings me no results.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Like Jason said, you should be able to click & drag each picture you want to save to your desktop/file folder/wherever.

And by the way -- this win feels almost as good today as it did last night!

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived