Brewer Fanatic

2011-10-07 Diamondbacks (Kennedy) at Brewers (Gallardo) - Brewers win, 3-2 in 10 innings; win NLDS

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My wife was trying to keep the kids away from me at the end of the game, as they don't really know what's going on and were more of an annoyance than anything. She had the TV on in the other room, and while she's not a baseball fan, she's a fan of me and knows how much I love the Brewers (she's bought me an autographed Yount ball and baseball card in the past), so she was watching and getting really nervous. She couldn't take it any more and brought the kids in to watch with me so she could have me as company.

When we won, my wife and I went nuts, and because of that, my kids went nuts (and it was past their bed times). My 4-year old is aware enough to know a little about the Brewers, so she did beast mode, which was incredible. Then my 2-year old saw Plush do beast mode and he started cackling. We were all jumping up and down and the aforementioned 2-year old ran up to me, arms outstretched, so I picked him up and started jumping around. I put him down after a minute so I could do the same with my daughter, and then the little one came back, so I held both of them.

It was awesome. Start of Brewers fandom for the kids. Incredible.

My 8 month old son had fallen asleep with his bottle but I had picked him up and he was on the couch next to me sleeping. When the Brewers won I picked him up, started yelling in excitment and then let him gently fall back on the couch. I scared him and he started crying. Hopefully I didn't scar his Brewers fandom http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I have to say this game was the most stressful sporting event I've ever watched. I honestly was sick to my stomach the whole game and couldn't watch the end. I put Ueck on, sat on the stairs so I couldn't see the tv and just listened. Wow, what an unreal win!

The bedlam in the bleachers was just off the charts. Can't describe how it felt to celebrate the game winning hit after 6 hours of waiting. Just... wow.
Great to hear comments like this. What a game to experience in person. I'm really enjoying living vicariously through our BF family that are fortunate enough to attend these games!

Wow. We are in for a heck of a series. You think LaRussa was bad during the regular season, he's going to bring out every mind game he can to try to out-manage RR. This is Packers-Bears NFC Championship-esque. Unreal.

This sure makes the NL Central look good.

LaRussa already starting a bit - in his post game dugout interview he made some comment to the effect of "Our team has a lot of character, not like character, like a bunch of funny guys, but heart and guts"...

I can't help but think he's already on his game.

I don't like their team. I don't like their manager. I don't like their fans.

Revenge 82.

Archived