Brewer Fanatic

The Optimism Thread

splitterpfj

so far, this NLCS is mirroring the '82 Series somewhat.

Brewers won each game 1 fairly handily

Cardinals won each game 2 and game 3 with a nail-biter ('82 game 2/'11 game 3) and an easy win in each ('82 game 3/'11 game 2)

Brewers won each game 4 ('82 big 6-run inning/'11 big start by Wolf)

Now, we all know what happened the rest of the way in '82. I am optimistic that things will not repeat themselves and we shall avenge a series we could have won had we been healthier.

Yes, I'm still bitter.

But optimistic and bitter could be just the right cocktail.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In the history of baseball the team with homefield advantage in a tied series wins about 55% of the time. Also, be honest, who would you rather have pitching for your team in game 5. Greinke or Garcia. I pick Greinke. Finally, Greinke's career ERA at Busch is in the mid 2s. Lots of reasons to believe the Brewers could be heading back to Milwaukee looking to pick up one final win to go to the World Series.

There is no place to put this so here it goes...

This Kottaras's reaction in regards to Wolf's jock strap breaking prior to his start in Arizona.

"He didn't really have to explain it," Kottaras said. "I saw it dangling, I guess. I was flustered.

"It was a mess."

There is no place to put this so here it goes...

This Kottaras's reaction in regards to Wolf's jock strap breaking prior to his start in Arizona.

"He didn't really have to explain it," Kottaras said. "I saw it dangling, I guess. I was flustered.

"It was a mess."

Wow. Talk about leaving it on the field...

The Brewers have only lost 1 home playoff game this year. The Brewers are getting a much needed day off today before returning to the friendly confines of Miller Park. I dont see the Brewers going out on game 6. The crowd is going to be so energetic it will give a spark to the Brewers offense and lead them to game 7.

I do think yesterday was a fluke. No team just makes that many defensive errors, in a playoff game nonetheless. Put it behind us and come back strong for Game 6. We have the advantage of being at Miller Park for the rest of the series. Lets take advantage of it and show the Cardinals the door.

I know how St. Louis feels right now...up 3-2, just need to win a game on the road after a big win at home in game 5. Starting a pitcher recently acquired for the stretch run with the aging ace in the hole...yeah, I know how you feel St. Louis.
I remember that feeling, and how things turned out the last time I felt that way.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I have gone to 4 games this year. They won, then they lost, then they won, then they lost. I will be at game 6. I think we can all tell what will happen with this pattern.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

I have gone to 4 games this year. They won, then they lost, then they won, then they lost. I will be at game 6. I think we can all tell what will happen with this pattern.

I hope the pattern holds up and that tomorrow is your last game of the season.

I know how St. Louis feels right now...up 3-2, just need to win a game on the road after a big win at home in game 5. Starting a pitcher recently acquired for the stretch run with the aging ace in the hole...yeah, I know how you feel St. Louis.
I remember that feeling, and how things turned out the last time I felt that way.

Me too Hawing, me too.

Community Moderator

I'm not ready for the season to end yet.

That last game is the hardest one to win. The Brewers will be comfortable, relaxed, and focused tonight. The Brewers will take care of business. And then tomorrow will be one for the ages.

The Brewers are undefeated (2-0) on Playoff Sundays. I don't see how its possible that they can lose today.

The Brewers are also undefeated (1-0) on the final games of the Series. I don't see how its possible they can lose tomorrow

Bring on Texas!!

Optimism..... hoping that I never have to hear that 'Million Miles Away' song more than once or twice again in my life.
http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif It'll help if you avoid FOX the next 4-10 days.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I posted something similar in another thread, but there's no reason to believe that the Brewers can't compete again in 2012. A lot of the team will be back again next year, there's some money coming off the books, and an upgrade at 3B and/or SS should really help things. I fully expect them to be playing meaningful games again next September.

I agree with Chad. It's not going to suddenly be a 100 loss team, or something. They have some really good pitchers and hitters, and are still relatively young. I would like to see them commit to youth with Green and Gamel, though.

Archived