Brewer Fanatic

The Optimism Thread

splitterpfj

okay, I'm signing off the internet for the day. Got 3 classes to teach then a half-hour sequestering period before heading home to watch the game. Planning to log on later tonight to celebrate with the rest of you!

GO BREWERS!!!!!!!

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We watch these kids get drafted, monitor their development, stress about their flaws, disagree with organizational differences, rank their value and obsess about trade value and management decisions. It is clear that we lose sight of the forest for focus on the trees, as here we sit, three wins from the world series, with a team made up of individuals that we have mapped for the past decade. Look at The first ever power 50 and at number 18 was a young Kid who had just been moved to outfield. Corey Hart bounced up and down the ranks, but unlike the 17 players ahead Of him (including JJ, Neugebauer and Billy Hall) he became a centerpiece on a NLCS team. This is not just what these players live for, but it is what we, as fans of a much maligned team, live for. Friday will go down as one of the greatest days in my life because it was the culmination of decades of hope. I hope formore, but will enjoy the ride. Thank you
Formerly Andersoc420

I'm pretty excited about tomorrow. Of course, anytime the Crew is playing in October is totally fantastic! I look forward to coming home after my after school chorus and watching the Crew, win or lose. Should be a fun game, too!

LET'S GO BREWERS!!!!!!!!! I didn't go to trouble the other day to book flights and rental cars for the WS to be disappointed! I'm willingly wanting to spend money!!!!! This doesn't happen often, so MAKE ME PROUD!

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

We watch these kids get drafted, monitor their development, stress about their flaws, disagree with organizational differences, rank their value and obsess about trade value and management decisions. It is clear that we lose sight of the forest for focus on the trees, as here we sit, three wins from the world series, with a team made up of individuals that we have mapped for the past decade. Look at The first ever power 50 and at number 18 was a young Kid who had just been moved to outfield. Corey Hart bounced up and down the ranks, but unlike the 17 players ahead Of him (including JJ, Neugebauer and Billy Hall) he became a centerpiece on a NLCS team. This is not just what these players live for, but it is what we, as fans of a much maligned team, live for. Friday will go down as one of the greatest days in my life because it was the culmination of decades of hope. I hope formore, but will enjoy the ride. Thank you

Awesome post.

A lot of doom and gloom around here is based on the individual player performances of the last 7 games. I'm not completely unconcerned about Greinke and especially Marcum's struggles in the playoffs, but we are still only talking about two starts. It's been said that Marcum also struggles in September but his component stats seem fine. There just isn't much evidence that either should continue to struggle in the post season.

We are looking at about 50/50 odds for this series. I'm very much looking forward to tonight's game, as the winner will have the odds tilted heavily in their favor. Anyone who wants to be pessimistic after a Brewer loss today will get no objections from me! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

We've got them right where we want them. The last 36 hours, I've heard from Cardinal fans, basically saying they're going to win the WS. You won 1 game....ONE STINKING GAME! Which I expected, because they'd get overconfident. Hopefully the rain screws up Carp, and gets into their pen. We've got Narv and Marco who can go, and that's a big advantage. As long as Poo is pitched down and away, I'll be happy.

There just isn't much evidence that either should continue to struggle in the post season.

Except that his execution & performance have been almost 180 degrees different from what he did most of the season. He doesn't look like the same guy out there right now, physically, and I don't think that's just random noise or variance. He could certainly turn it around, but I'm not holding my breath for it.

That said, I don't feel very doom & gloom.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Big game tonight, and I'm going to enjoy it. It's great to be in the NLCS. Game 3. A chance to get a huge win.

Thank you, Mark A and DM for putting this together. Thank you, hitters and pitchers. Thank you, coaches. Go Crew! Have fun out there tonight.

There just isn't much evidence that either should continue to struggle in the post season.

Except that his execution & performance have been almost 180 degrees different from what he did most of the season.

Pitch selection? What? Obviously the results have been different.

Execution. Putting pitches where he means to. Just watch where the catcher sets up. Marcum hasn't hit his spots routinely in a while now, and many of the misses have been meatballs.

I appreciate as much as anyone (I think) that fans can overreact to bad results. But with Marcum, the bad results haven't been due to just bad luck. They've been due to very bad location, due to very poor command.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Except that his execution & performance have been almost 180 degrees different from what he did most of the season.

Marcum has been throwing significantly fewer changeups and breaking pitches recently than he has throughout the season. I think is change up % has been cut in half. He's not keeping anyone off balance with his offspeed pitches...and a guy who's fastball tops out where Marcum's does can't really afford to have hitters sitting on it.

Archived