Brewer Fanatic

Winning It For...

YoGasKpose

Dear Brewers,

Win it for all of us born after 1982, the ones who have only distant memories of the American League and whose young fandom was subjected to a 12-year losing streak.

Win it for Ueck, who deserves a pennant opportunity more than anyone I can think of, who needs to have the chance to celebrate a victory that hasn't been scripted.

Win it for the city of Milwaukee, the best baseball town there is, a place where you'll be legendary for just one championship.

Win it for the small markets, the Pittsburghs and the Oaklands, win it for the teams that would kill to be where you are right now.

Win it for the 45,000 that will be there on Friday, waving towels like crazy and yelling at the top of their lungs.

Win it for me. Because I don't think I can take coming this close. Because I can't stand an offseason without a series win. Because we've all been waiting a long time for a team this good, that's so much fun to watch. Because I'm not ready for this to end. Not Friday, not yet.

GO BREWERS!!!!

Also win it for my aunt, who has been fighting breast and lung cancer and whose favorite current player is Rickie Weeks. Getting to the 2012 season is no 100% guarantee for any of us, but it especially isn't for her.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Win it for yourselves. The bitter taste of defeat in a playoff does not go away and only gets worse during the off-season. Conversely, the closer you are to defeat, the sweeter the taste of victory.

(Great post, YoGasKpose!)

Also win it for my aunt, who has been fighting breast and lung cancer and whose favorite current player is Rickie Weeks. Getting to the 2012 season is no 100% guarantee for any of us, but it especially isn't for her.
this post reminds me of this conversation, seeing as I was going to post something self-centered and such but now has lost its significance.

Lucy: If you use your imagination, you can see lots of things in the cloud formation...What do you think you see, Linus?

Linus:

Well, those clouds up there look to me like the map of the British

Honduras in the Caribbean....That cloud up there looks a little like the

profile of Thomas Eakins, the famous painter and sculptor...and that

group of clouds over there gives me the impression of the stoning of

Stephen...I can see the Apostle Paul standing there to one side....

Lucy: Uh huh...That's very good... What do you see in the clouds, Charlie Brown?

Charlie Brown: Well, I was going to say I saw a ducky and a horsie, but I changed my mind.

Peanuts

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Win it for me! Selig and Milwaukee was granted the Pilots franchise by a bankruptcy judge literally on the day I was born. I am exactly as old as this franchise.

One of my earliest memories is tailgating at County Stadium with my family. My sister and I could sit in the trunk of our VW beetle. I have a Tim Johnson autographed baseball from 1976. Still remember my father complaining about Grammas. The glimmer of hope he had when Dalton was hired. Saw one of Guidry's 3 losses in 78. I played hooky with my Dad to see Sixto's opening day Grand Slam in 1980, and also went to game 2 where Money and Cooper hit Grand Slams in same inning. I cut out and saved every single boxscore of the 1982 season - my parents still have that "book" I made. I cried my eyes out when Gorman struck out. I lost my voice Easter Sunday. I broke numerous vehicular laws racing home to see the Nieves no-no. Robin Yount remains my favorite athlete ever. I cursed Bando every day for letting Molitor go. Royster. Payne. Wendy. Hammonds. Helms.

Do it for all the fans that have lived and died for the Brewers. We deserve it.

Win if for the baby boomers whose team that they loved as youths was taken away and who's cherished memories of family outings to games were forever tarnished by a bunch of greedy, lying, 30 year old scumbags from Chicago.

Those of us in late 50's to late 60's grew up with Aaron and Mathews, Spahn and Burdette, Adcock and Crandall. Even as those guys were replaced by the Joe Torre's, Tony Cloninger's and Denis Menke's, us kids still loved the Braves. It was our parent's generation that grew up as Cub or White Sox fans that stopped going to Braves games after it wasn't as fashionable. It was us Braves kids that took the brunt emotionally when they left and when the Brewers came it was the baby boomers that embraced them.

But it's still not quite been made right. No, not till the Brewers are hoisting the trophy.

Win it to put the ghost of 82 to bed. For nearly 30 years we've looked back and celebrated a team that *lost* the worlds series, because we have nothing else.

Exactly. Win it so you never have to wear those awful retro uniforms again because some of the fanbase can't stop living in the past.

Win it for me. Simple. I've been following this team since I was a kid. Been going to games since 1979. I've been there for good times, and way too long of bad times. Always been there, 100 loss seasons didn't stop my love of this organization.
-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Win it for me. I have been going to games since 1982 when I was four. I have followed them since then. I grew to believe that playoff baseball was not possible in Milwaukee. Win so that I can erase all those bad memories from the 90's and early 2000's out of my mind.

this post reminds me of this conversation, seeing as I was going to post something self-centered and such but now has lost its significance.
Ehh, pitch, say whatever you were going to say. That was just the first thing I thought of, because it's been on my mind lately.

Also, splitter, sorry to hear of the loss in your extended family.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Win it for Sheets and Jenkins, probably the best 2 Brewers during those lean years and 2 guys that didn't jump at free agency the first chance they got when they were still in their prime. I think I ordered my Sheets jersey the day of or after his signing to the first contract extension. Finally had a decent player that was going to be around for more than a few years.

Also win it for Emily and Logan, my 8 month old twins that have spent their entire life down here in Illinois rooting for the Wisconsin teams and don't have a championship to show for it. (They missed the super bowl by 3 days.)

Go Brew Crew!

Archived