Brewer Fanatic

Given McGehee's career numbers vs. the D'backs, should he have started Tuesday and Wednesdy?

RockCoCougars
OK, roast me if you want, but McGehee's pinch hit tonight got me thinking. As McGehee has been to the D'Backs over his career as Billy Hall was to the Reds- particularly in BOB with a career average pushing .400 there, why didn't he get a start yesterday or today? If I recall correctly, Casey's mini hot streak over the summer started out there as well. I know that Hairston has been playing well, but he could have been moved to another position (probably center). Obviously, it likely wouldn't have made a difference due to the ineptitude of Marcum/Wolf, but still.

OK, roast me if you want, but McGehee's pinch hit tonight got me thinking. As McGehee has been to the D'Backs over his career as Billy Hall was to the Reds- particularly in BOB with a career average pushing .400 there, why didn't he get a start yesterday or today? If I recall correctly, Casey's mini hot streak over the summer started out there as well. I know that Hairston has been playing well, but he could have been moved to another position (probably center). Obviously, it likely wouldn't have made a difference due to the ineptitude of Marcum/Wolf, but still.
Nope, keep Hairston playing and at 3rd. He's been the Brewers 2nd best hitter this series. Plus Hairston is a defensive upgrade at 3rd versus a dropoff from Morgan.

You could make a pretty decent case for Hairston playing 2B and McGehee getting a start at 3rd since Weeks has been so terrible, but I doubt it would be a big change in anything.
I was thinking this last night after the loss. I wouldn't be too surprised if this happens tomorrow. As poorly as Weeks has been hitting, he can at least take some walks and go deep in the count.

I think there is almost no chance that Rickie doesn't start every game. He has looked pretty pathetic but he also has the potential to be a game changer with his power; something that can't be said for Hairston.

Rickie & Nyjer have been very frustrating to watch so for this postseason. It seems all the other guys have been much more frequent contributors. Prince and Braun have been on base constantly this series and so far Rickie has failed miserably at getting those guys in. That #5 spot in the order must have some sort of curse on it

You could make a pretty decent case for Hairston playing 2B and McGehee getting a start at 3rd since Weeks has been so terrible, but I doubt it would be a big change in anything.
I was thinking this last night after the loss. I wouldn't be too surprised if this happens tomorrow. As poorly as Weeks has been hitting, he can at least take some walks and go deep in the count.

As much as I like Rickie, he is batting something like .072 in the playoffs. I wouldnt mind seeing Hairston at 2B and then you have Rickie off the bench if need be. I sort of get the feeling that he hasnt completely healed from his injury yet and probably came back a week or 2 too soon.

Formerly AirShuttle6104

I don't really put a lot into career numbers vs. teams since the players on those teams change from year to year. And McGehee is 0-3 against Collmenter, 0-7 against Kennedy, 2-6 against Saunders. However, he is 5-5 against Hudson. As for getting "hot" against ARI earlier this year, he went 3-8 against them at home in July and 4-16 in ARI in July. And considering how well Hairston has played, I wouldn't have started McGehee any game except for maybe against Hudson but that would've been game 2 and I wouldn't have put him in over Weeks then. After seeing the past 4 games, I would play Hairston at 2B and Green at 3B tomorrow.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

His career numbers mean nothing at this point. This year has been a terrible year for him, offensively and defensively.

I praise RR for starting Hairston the entire series.

I would if he put Hairston at SS. Other than that, leave things as is. Weeks, Hart, Braun, Lucroy, Hairston and Fielder need to start every game. Green McGehee platoon at 3B. Morgan/Gomez platoon at CF.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Archived