Brewer Fanatic

Most memorable game you've been to?

adamb100

Yount's 3000th.

Last game at County.

First game at Miller.

The opening day at County Stadium, where people threw the give-away baseballs onto the field. (still have mine)

One game during the last week at County Stadium, where it was supposed to be a day game. It was rain delayed, so we left. But (cincy, I think) was in playoff contention, so it resumed like 8 hours later. Went back and watched the game with one of the smallest crowds, I've ever seen.

And every 'first game of the year' for me at County from when I was 5 until 15. I think that was always my favorite thing, walking in after not being there all winter. Then walking up the ramp tunnel and into the stadium bowl and being hit by bright sunlight and bright green grass. Nothing more beautiful than baseball grass in spring after a long Wisconsin winter.

I really loved County Stadium.

The only really memorable game I was at there was Sexson's first game as a Brewer, against the Rockies in 2000. He didn't do anything, but it was during D'Amico's chase for the ERA title and he was pitching amazing and hit a bomb. He pitched into the 9th, but ran into some troubles and turned it over to the new closer: Curtis Leskanic.

I was at the game a couple years ago, when the Brewers had a triple play, got to see Trevor Hoffman pitch in the tied 9th inning, and then Prince hit a walk off homer when he did the bowling pin thing at home.

I think 120,000 were at Yount's 3000th.... http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif
I was there too. That's my most memorable game. Also,

2008 playoff win.

Bill Hall Mother's Day walkoff.

Molitor returns to Milwaukee.

Those game are the one's I remember the most.

I am probably a little younger then most here http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif so my Brewer games are pretty limited, so i will go with..

Aug 10th, 2008 vs. Washington

Down 3-0. Rivera hits a bases clearing double to tie it up. Kaplers hits a walk off in like the 12th or 13th.

Non Brewer game,

Game 163: Tigers @ Twins.

Never been to a louder place in my life.

This is a great question. There are the milestones, of course. Ryans 300, Younts 3000, Easter Sunday, Sheets 18th (mothers day wasn't it? I know i took my mom...). Then there are the "special games". The 1st exhibition game at Miller Park to open the place up, the last game at county stadium, the play off games in 2008 and this year...

But there is one game that stands out to me more then any of the others. My memories are fuzzy, but it had to be around 1993. August game against the A's. 2nd game of a long double header. The 2nd game was over 5 hours long. Sometime around midnight (it was getting late), something happened in between innings that got Tony Larussa out and talking to the ump. The pitcher was warmed up and ready to go but Larussa was still yapping in the umps ear and Phil Garner gets on the top step and starts screaming at Larussa. Within seconds the benches clear. All out melee. One of the "best" fights in baseball. Full on tackles (Dickie Thon, I'm looking at you), fully planted punches... it was wild.

Players got tossed on both sides and the Brewers were short on players. Rickey Bones wound up in RF. Robin Yount moved to 1st with John Jaha moving to 2nd base and alternating with Kevin Seitzer at 3rd base depending on if there was a double play in order or not. Kevin Reimer moved from DH to the outfield (yes, the Brewers lost their DH). It was a crazy game. Brewers won and swept the DH.

I remember listening to this one on the radio. Uecker was ON that night, especially after the brawl. Just pure comedy with every pitch. I even remember him cracking jokes during the brawl itself.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

It was a crazy game. Brewers won and swept the DH.

Your story reminded me that I also was at a game (CLE @ MIL) where Albert Belle clothes-lined Fernando Vina on the bases between 1st & 2nd. That's literally the only thing I remember about that game. Impressionable young mind, I guess.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Ahhh memories....

Twins game where Prince and Rickie both get first HR.. (it was the barrel-man High life hat give-away)

These two happend while I had a 4-game, day-game pack (worked 3rd shift at the time)

- Prince running over the Giants C (I think it was Sweeney). Koskie (sp) then tried to score but a decent heads up play from the P got him. You could hear the collision from the LF bleachers.

- Brewer's tie it in the 9th to send it to 10th against the Mets. Mets dont score in top of 10th, and Bill Hall hits one out in the bottom 10.

This one more memerable for me because I was 3rd shift and I told my then GF in the bottom of the 9th 'I hope the Brewer's dont score so I can go home and get some sleep'. As soon as Hall hit it, we knew it was out; We booked it outta there before the ball even landed. Was a great game.

Braun's Walk off Grand Slam

Dave Bush perfect to start the 8th (I didnt notice until the 6th, wife until the 7th)

Prince's 2nd In-the-park HR

Russell Branyan hitting JJ's name on the scoreboard opening day (first time sitting in Club level too)

Twins game a few years ago, Brewer's down one B9, Russell Branyan PH vs Nathan (sp), Tell the two Twins fans in front of me 'if they give hime something to hit, its gonna go far' and 2 pitches later, Russ hits it into the stands.. in extra's Prince is 2" short of a walk-off HR as it bounces off the top of the wall and comes back in, Brewers end up losing, but was a fun game.

You knew me as Myday2001.

Community Moderator
Your story reminded me that I also was at a game (CLE @ MIL) where Albert Belle clothes-lined Fernando Vina on the bases between 1st & 2nd. That's literally the only thing I remember about that game. Impressionable young mind, I guess.

I was at that game. I was 9 years old at the time. It was maybe the second or third game that I ever attended. I don't really remember that play, but I sure remember the giant brawl that broke out an inning later.

My first game. Went with my dad. I remember walking up the tunnel at County Stadium, smelling the fresh fertilizer on a blanket of green grass. The smells of brats and beer, the vendors yelling. Sitting by my pops just talking. We rode our bikes there that day. Brought in our lunch. I had PB&J with chips. It was in 1979. Don't remember who we played don't remember the score. Doesn't really matter. The other stuff is what matters.

Baseball is a beautiful thing. Kinda neat to see what you guys remember, kinda neat to talk with older folks who remember games form the 50's/60's no matter what the year, no matter what the team, it's the neat memories.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

August 20, 1978

I rode a bus with my dad for four hours and watched my first game. I still remember the sights, sounds, and smells from the tailgate crowd in the parking lot. Mike Caldwell threw a complete game and we beat the Tigers 2-1. I've been a Brewer fan ever since that day.

July 29, 1979

Brewers 5, Yankees 3. Lou Pinella took out Jim Gantner at third and they rolled around on the infield while the benches and bullpens cleared. I learned some new expletives as they were hurled at Pinella in left field. The crowd was just electric that day.

September 1, 2001. I took my future wife to her first game in Milwaukee. Richie Sexson hit a home run to tie the game against the Astros and a second a couple of innings later to win it. Since she is from Minneapolis, she isn't able to name a single Brewers player.

April 16, 2005. Memorable for me because I somehow convinced my wife to go to a Brewers game on our anniversary. Karma got the best of me as the Cardinals beat the Brewers on a pair of long home runs against Doug Davis. My wife is mostly at the game for the Cactus League nachos.

June 21, 2006. We took our 11 month old daughter to her first game. At a lunch stop in Oconomowoc, I asked my wife if our daughter usually ate a whole jar of peaches in one sitting. My question is answered when we pull into the parking lot and she power vomits all over the car. We missed the first three innings cleaning it up, but the Brewers beat the Tigers and I get to see Chris Barnwell collect a rare hit.

June 11, 2011. The wife and I drop the kids off near Madison to stay with their aunt. Our four year old son cries for 45 minutes when he figures out that we are going to a Brewers game. Greinke is dominant and we beat the Cardinals 5-3. Based on the out of date t-shirt jersey that I am wearing, my wife figures out that I had named our son after Ben Sheets.

--scott erickson's no-hitter against the brewers at the metrodome

--the edwin nunez sucker punch / near-cycle from darryl hamilton / kevin reimer 6-hit game / matt maysey extra-innings hit doubleheader sweep against oakland

Archived